Alta, Norway

Frenchberet

Hi, we are considering an excursion in Alta called “A Night With The Huskies” that involves an overnight in a tipi-cabin.  Has anyone done a similar excursion?  Just wondering how much “roughing it” is involved.  I spoke with the cruise line but it is the first year for this “northern lights” itinerary and they couldn’t provide much info.  Thanks!

I have not been at this tour - also the answer very much can depend on which cruise line - however it might very well be this tour or alternatively this provided by North Adventure  in Alta

Also the tour could be made specific for the cruise line by GLØD Explorer.

In general the 'tepee-style tents' used for those tours are quite luxury. So no much “roughing it” involved.

You could try to contact the tour operators and see if they can provide more details on your specific cruise line tour.

post@glodexplorer.no or booking@northadventure.no

On 11/18/2018 at 8:24 AM, hallasm said:

I have not been at this tour - also the answer very much can depend on which cruise line - however it might very well be this tour or alternatively this provided by North Adventure  in Alta

Also the tour could be made specific for the cruise line by GLØD Explorer.

In general the 'tepee-style tents' used for those tours are quite luxury. So no much “roughing it” involved.

You could try to contact the tour operators and see if they can provide more details on your specific cruise line tour.

post@glodexplorer.no or booking@northadventure.no

Thank you for the links.  I’d bet it’s the second one.  Sounds like an adventure!