Navigator App

DFWGUYZ

FWIW:  I had trouble figuring out how to "Create an Account" as is required by the HAL instructions.  So I had to register.  In trying to register I had trouble figuring out what to click on as I saw nothing on my Android phone screen to click.... until I scrolled down and found the REGISTER spot to tap.  Maybe everybody else is more adept at this but I was a bit frustrated at first.  After I registered an ID (HAL suggests to use one's first initial, last name and room number... if both cabin-mates have same initial and last name you'll have to do something else), and then a 4 digit password   then it all worked well.  

DH and I had a shared ship account (all of our onboard charges accumulated into one account) but we could only check our onboard account under my Navigator App account, his couldn't get there.  But our dining reservations would show up on both of our Navigator App accounts.   

We liked being able to look ahead at Happenings to check for show times, Lincoln Center Stage concert times and Gala Nights, but Gala NIghts are also listed on the Voyage overview card they give you on the first day... it has the officers on one side and the itinerary on the other, with what the entertainment will be.  

DH used the app a lot to read news on the NY TImes free website.  I used the app to buy a shore excursion, worked great, so easy.  But you can't make dining reservations on the app; that would be big enhancement IMO.  m--

PS We were on Koningsdam prior to the dry dock.  

Edited by RMLincoln

On 12/18/2018 at 7:20 AM, travelinjones said:

Apologies if this has been updated already but on the NS there is now an option to download a proper App for IOS or Android by accessing the URL https://navigator.hollandamerica.com/app/

has a few more features, I.e. fleet location

Does the proper downloaded app version offer notifications for shipmate messages? 

8 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

But you can't make dining reservations on the app; that would be big enhancement IMO.  m--

PS We were on Koningsdam prior to the dry dock.  

There is an option to make dining reservations in the regular Navigator.  Is the above just specific to the downloaded version?

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2018 at 9:21 AM, DFWGUYZ said:

We really enjoyed the Navigator app HAL now offers. Very efficient, easy to use and didn't need all the paper. A quick story about booking an excursion on the app; We had a change to the itinerary due to weather. Of course, the logistics for HAL to get excursions arranged caused a bit of a stir with the passengers. We checked the app several times and sure enough, the new excursions were posted before EXC were open for walk-up reservations. We booked via the app and voila! No waiting in line. We also used for daily menus, happing on board, account statements etc. Very nice app.  

The APP has been updated Feb 14, 2019.  You can get it for IOS or Android. 

WHAT'S NEW
The Holland America Line application allows you the ability personalize and configure your cruise experience, plan all of your daily activities, browse and purchase shore excursions, view restaurant menus, make dining reservations, check your account balance and much more. For the first time, the Holland America Line Navigator application also allows you to see all of your cruise options on and off the ship, including booking and events lookup.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hollandamerica.navigator.moapp&hl=en&rdid=com.hollandamerica.navigator.moapp

More Information about it.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/onboard-activities/cruise-activities/holland-america-line-navigator.html

Edited by CATandSQUID
Added HAL website description.
  • Like 1