Newbie re: MyTime and 3 night Specialty Dining

In 5 days, we'll be sailing on the Navigator (9 night SoCar); 13th cruise, but first with Royal, so very excited to experience something new!  I've done a lot of reading, but am still a little confused about the dining situation.  We're a party of 4 adults and 3 kids, ages 9-16.  We've reserved the 3 night Specialty Dining - without the kids, but I'm still puzzled about the remaining nights.  For the remaining nights, the 7 of us will most likely all eat in the MDR- via MyTime.  When I go online, I'm unable to reserve a time/s for this, as it indicates we are already booked for the Specialty Dining.  If possible, we'd like to eat at about 7:00 p.m. each night utilizing MyTime - but understand we will most likely have a wait, which is fine.  Can someone please clarify the process to choose a time in the MDR each night?  I think that once we're on the ship, we go to the MDR and reserve our time for each night that we are NOT using the Specialty Dining? Or do we just show up at the MDR around 7:00 p.m. on a night by night basis, and wait for a table of 7 to become available?  Any help is appreciated!

Probably best to head there once you board but you can do either.  Waiting for table that size at prime dinner time could equal a long wait.  While not mandatory, it also doesn’t hurt to mention to them the nights you won’t be coming in to the MDR.  We always ask for the same waiters so do that as a courtesy to them.

If you have MTD, then you don't actually NEED reservations...but once onboard, you can make them if you like.  The 7 pm timeslot is NEVER available for online booking...everyone wants to eat around that time!  You'll get what you want once you board the ship.....