Formal Nights Hawaii Cruise

Burt

Hi karalun,

we are booked for the r/t to hawaii in April. Have you written a review? We are excited and apprehensive as we are not sure what to expect.

We noticed that there is no forward looking viewing area other than the hc is this true.? We have always loved sitting inside in the longes and watching as we approach or depart a port.

Also there does not seem to be alot of deck space to hang out on. Am I viewing the deck space wrong. We have not cruised princess before, we think that we will like it because we are 40 soemthings that like to interact and have fun with others and it seems that Princess attracts a fun-loving adult group.

We are booked in D403. Our big quiestion is the food?????? too many people have us a bit scared,actually I dont care much if it is good or great or like my cooking at home I would just like to have my expectations in line with what is actually available.

Also could you tell us how many and which ports are tendered.

One last big quiestion did you take on any liquor and did you carry it on or packit in your luggage.

Wow I asked alot of quiestions sorry

Thank-you

No I didn't write a review but here's my take on the cruise.

I am in my late 50's and not a couch potato. DH and I like to have fun. We enjoy participating in the ships activities and go to most, if not all, the shows.

We did not have any complaints about the food. Ate breakfast and most lunches in the Horizon Court. Loved the egg/omelet station where you can get just about whatever kind of eggs/omelets you want. Lot's of fresh fruit too! Even thought the coffee was OK........maybe a little strong but a little hot water took care of that. We ate lunch in the dining room 2x's. Food was OK. To us dining room lunch is good if you time is not a problem as lunch service takes longer than going through a buffet. Some days one of us got pizza or a hamburger/hot dog from the grill and took it to the Horizon Court so the other could eat from the buffet. If you want a hamburger and/or french fries you need to get them from the grill. They're hot and fresh.

The Horizon Court has a large area toward the rear of the ship where you could sit at a table for port arrival/sailaway. We also found some great small open deck space at the back of Caribe deck. There are doors at the end of the hallway that open onto open decks. Most times there wasn't anyone there. Great place to wait if you're doing your laundry too! I think there are open spaces in the back on other decks too.

The Promenade deck is a nice place to sit and relax. Comfortable teak lounge chairs with padded cushions. Great place to walk every morning too!

Tendered ports were Maui and Kona.

We took wine on the ship in our carryon.

Any other questions, please ask. I know you'll love this cruise.

Archived