Chefs Table

MarshDwellers

11 minutes ago, MarshDwellers said:

Boarding the Royal on December 15 for b2b. Have enjoyed the Chefs Table several times. Any recent experience on the Royal?

We love it!

Chefs Table Luminaire.

Think its around $25 more than the Chefs table on other ships. $115??

We have done it on both the Royal/Regal.

Same basic thing as the Chefs Table but in an exquisite area with an incredible circular table with a glass curtain that closes around you.

A DAZZLING DINING ADVENTURE 

An extraordinary treat for both gastronomes and gourmet novices, the Chef’s Table Lumiere is a perfect culinary journey for any special occasion. Join a select group of guests for a behind-the-scenes galley tour with champagne and hors d’oeuvres, followed by an extravagant multi-course dinner created and hosted by the ship’s executive chef. Perfect for celebrating an anniversary or milestone, or just making your cruise vacation even more amazing.

Limited capacity, reservations required. Additional charge applies.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/dining-specialty/chefs-table-lumiere.html

We have done this twice. First time, we by chance had the head chef of Princess on board doing yearly inspection. FANTASTIC. A year later on an older ship with a different chef we tried again. Menu was about 80% the same but quality was lacking. For those never doing it, go for it.

2 hours ago, Bubbs33 said:

Is this on all princess cruises and how do you make reservations?

Pay attention to people getting off your future ship. Head waiter, DINE phone call or dedicated sign in book somewhere on ship. Both times we did Chef's Table I had to find the sign up sheet.

2 hours ago, Bubbs33 said:

Is this on all princess cruises and how do you make reservations?

Don't do what I did a couple of weeks ago.  We were one of the first to board.  Went directly to passenger services where I asked how to sign up.  I was told by a confident young man to call the dine line or see the MD after 2 pm.  We went to lunch and after ordering, I decided to ask the head waiter the same question.  I was told to call the dine line ASAP.  We ate lunch, went to our cabin and I called.  Maybe 12:45.  I was told the spots were taken and I could be put on a wait list.

We didn't get called.  We did go to SHARE which was wonderful.

Cheers