Summit bed location

kearney

Is there a pattern to where the bed is located on Summit? I know on S class that if you have a sofa bed in your cabin then the bed is by the bath, but I noticed on Summit deck plans that there are a number of cabins in a row with sofa beds... so I can not find the pattern. We may need to bring a scooter...so I want to make sure I can get the thing in the cabin and assume that there is more room if the bed is by the window... thanks

59 minutes ago, kearney said:

Is there a pattern to where the bed is located on Summit? I know on S class that if you have a sofa bed in your cabin then the bed is by the bath, but I noticed on Summit deck plans that there are a number of cabins in a row with sofa beds... so I can not find the pattern. We may need to bring a scooter...so I want to make sure I can get the thing in the cabin and assume that there is more room if the bed is by the window... thanks

HI

I knew I saw you post on CC also.  I'm the Nancy that replied to you on the FB group. You willl probably get some more info when others reply on here.

Edited by ecslady

18 minutes ago, ecslady said:

HI

I knew I saw you post on CC also.  I'm the Nancy that replied to you on the FB group. You willl probably get some more info when others reply on here.

I checked size of M class cabin vs S class... and really looks like a handicapped room is going to be needed...  The challenge is finding one on the sailing we want ... so we shall see. Thanks for the input. I wondered why there was a previous Celebrity passenger who was surprised when they booked on Edge to find the bed in a place other than what they expected... I just assumed it was alternating on all ships. That has been my general experience... at least in recent years. 

No alternating on the M-class, all beds near door.  We have often seen scooters parked in the hallways.  If you book an Aqua Class cabin on deck 11 there is an area on each side, near the elevators, which is often like a parking lot for scooters there are so many there.

The most scooters, wheel chairs, and walkers I have ever seen "parked" was on the Silhouette.  I believe it was the first Caribbean sailing of that ship out of Cape Liberty after the ship came over from Europe in 2011.  Wish I had some pics, but I don't.  The area outside of the MDR looked like a parking lot and there were many in the hallways.

Handicapped cabins go quickly on all ships, so booking early is the best.  Also, call Captains Club and check routinely on various travel agent websites online.  Celebrity sometimes doesn't show them as available, and I've found them available on other sites.