Europe's Imperial Treasures tour Aug. 2019

vcmi2

Europe's Imperial Treasures is a 8-day cruisetour with pre-cruise stops in Budapest (Hungary), Vienna (Austria), Prague (Czech Republic),  Berlin (Germany) and Copenhagen (Denmark).  The 11-day cruise departs from the latter and is the typical "Baltic" cruise.  We've been to the pre-cruise cities listed except for Berlin, mostly on group land tours.  Enjoyed them all so would recommend them.  We haven't done a Baltic cruise but have been in Oslo on a transatlantic cruise and enjoyed that.  Hopefully, someone who's been on this cruisetour will respond re accommodations, etc.  We do have friends who went on a somewhat similar precruise land tour through Princess and they enjoyed it very much.

• Thanks 1

We did this tour 5 or 6 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were on a large bus with 30-35 people, Americans, British, Australians, Brazilians and Russians made up our tour members. The food was fine, especially the breakfasts. The hotels were all clean and comfortable.

• Thanks 1

We did this land tour this past August. We had a great time. There are some tours that are included in the package, and there are optional tours that are provided at an additional cost. We sometimes paid for the extra tours and other times we booked extra tours on our own. Let me know of any questions that you have. Princess probably doesn't have many details this far out. We didn't actually find out what the optional tours were each day until the day before. We liked to plan in advance so we filled in our leisure time with private tours instead of the optional paid tours. We did the optional paid tour to Potsdam in our second day in Berlin, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Just be aware the days usually start early and are pretty full days. Again, we wanted to see and do as much as possible so this worked well for us, but some people in the group were pretty tired by the end of the 8 day tour. 

The meals and the accommodations were great. 

In Budapest we stayed at the Budapest Intercontinental 

Vienna- Hilton Vienna

Prague- Prague Marriott Hotel

Berlin- Sofitel Berlin Kurfurstendamm

• Thanks 1

We were on the August 19th trip.  Thought it was fantastic.  Princess contracts the land tour and our guide was Globus.  Sheryl was one of the best tour guides we have ever had.  It is a very busy schedule but there is also a lot of free time, so you can see more of each city at your own pace, or just relax.  The motorcoach was very nice and the drives from city to city were not terribly long and several stops along the way kept it interesting.  Hotels were nice and good location with a 15-20 minute walk to city centers and points of interest to do things on your own.  This was our first time to all these cities (and cruise ports) and it did not disappoint.  

• 2 months later...

How does the luggage work, for the land tour? Do you handle your own luggage at each stop?

Thanks for any suggestions
Any tips as to how much to pack for the land tour, followed

by the cruise back to New York

I have not been on this tour but have done several tours with Globus.  Baggage handeling was included,  put them outside door early morning.  As a previous poster noted the breakfasts are quite good. Some days are long, breaks happen every few hours, sometimes lunch wold be at one of the autobahn rest stops. Some of  These stops are quite large with several shops/restrusnts.  . Selection is quite large as well. 

The buses are nice, WIFI usually working unless in mountains.  Both the tour guides and the drivers very nice and professional. 

Layers is is always good for clothing.  Some sites,such as churches, may require long pants (even men and boys) , ie no shorts.  

8 hours ago, vcmi2 said:

How does the luggage work, for the land tour? Do you handle your own luggage at each stop?

Thanks for any suggestions
Any tips as to how much to pack for the land tour, followed

by the cruise back to New York

You put your bags out early in the morning and the hotel porters will bring and load them in the busses. They will also unload the suitcases from the busses and bring them to your rooms. Tipping isn’t required because Globus covers the tip for the entire group and that is included in your cost of the land tour. 

• 7 months later...

I know this is an older thread but it's very helpful.  We were wondering if all of the tours in the various cities are walking tours or bus tours? My mom will be almost 83 next summer when we're interested in doing this and I'm not sure if either of us could do long walking tours each day.

It looks like a great way to see more of Europe!

Thanks so much!

22 hours ago, Radbooks said:

I know this is an older thread but it's very helpful.  We were wondering if all of the tours in the various cities are walking tours or bus tours? My mom will be almost 83 next summer when we're interested in doing this and I'm not sure if either of us could do long walking tours each day.

It looks like a great way to see more of Europe!

Thanks so much!

It was bus tours to most places. It was limited walking at the sites. I would think you and your mom would be fine. 

• Like 1