Norwegian Epic Haven Questions

HHIturtlelady

We have booked a forward facing 2 bedroom in the Haven. This is our first time on the Epic and forward facing. There are other 2 bedroom Haven rooms available. It the forward facing better than one of the side cabins? 

We were in the Haven on the Jade just recently when it had mechanical issues so we only got 3 days. The Epic is so much bigger and offers so much more. Any advice on how to maximize the Haven on this large ship would be great.

Also we have never ever used the pool areas on any cruise. Is the pool area with slides, etc. worth taking our kids? They will be 16 and basically 13 during this cruise. I wasn't sure if there would be lines or how it would work.

Is the Haven restaurant worth going to every day or should we go to the main dining? We will have 3 specialty but other nights?

Also on the Haven sun deck, will they let the kids on the upper deck? I heard it was no kids allowed but mine are older so I wasn't sure if 18 was the age.

Thanks!!

So,,,, the room is a preference. We had the forward facing 2BR on the Epic and loved it. BUT,,,, it is a solarium balcony (enclosed with windows that open). The forward facing views were spectacular. 

The Haven on the Epic is the best in the fleet!  

Yes, take your kids to the main pool. There is a small pool in the Haven courtyard. 

We we eat at the Haven Restaurant for breakfast daily.

Since the menus don’t change, We have our embarkation day lunch and maybe one more lunch in the Haven Restaurant. And we eat dinner there 2 times on a 7-day cruise. We like to try different restaurants. 

With teen kids, I would recommend going to the Cirque dinner show (extra charge or small upcharge with a dining package). 

Enroll your our kids in the teen Entourage club on day one and let them go meet other kids there on the first night. You may never see them again. It is a great experience. 

The Posh Club sun Deck is adults only. You could try sneaking your kids in. There are also loungers around the Haven pool. 

The haven gen has a private gym, steam room and sauna open to all ages. 

Enjoy the Epic!  We have sailed on her 6 times. Ask questions.