need a driver that doesnt cost a bomb

Carol999

I will be in Barcelona on the MSC in March. I need a driver that will go from the port to Sagrada Familia and then Camp Nou and then back to the ship. So far I cant find anyone for a decent price. Anyone have a suggestion? We want to spend around 100 euros at most

3 taxis - one from the ship to the Sagrada Familia, one from the SF to the Nou Camp and one back to the ship - should cost no more than 45 Euros (around 15 Euros per trip); plenty of taxis available at the port and close to SF and NC.  Alternatively the HOHO bus will take you to both the Sagrada Familia and Nou Camp.  

Edited by campolady

On 11/26/2018 at 10:21 AM, campolady said:

3 taxis - one from the ship to the Sagrada Familia, one from the SF to the Nou Camp and one back to the ship - should cost no more than 45 Euros (around 15 Euros per trip); plenty of taxis available at the port and close to SF and NC.  Alternatively the HOHO bus will take you to both the Sagrada Familia and Nou Camp.  

I read  that they also include time stuck in traffic, not just the kilometers, and on a site it said 24.00 euros from port to the sagrada. Do you have a website link I can look at the has those prices?

1 hour ago, Carol999 said:

I read  that they also include time stuck in traffic, not just the kilometers, and on a site it said 24.00 euros from port to the sagrada. Do you have a website link I can look at the has those prices?

We live in Spain and I based my estimate on what we would pay here for a similar distance.l  Ho wever I have just found this quote site that gives a similar price https://www.worldtaximeter.com/barcelona/Barcelona+cruise+port/la+sagrada+familia

9 hours ago, campolady said:

We live in Spain and I based my estimate on what we would pay here for a similar distance.l  Ho wever I have just found this quote site that gives a similar price https://www.worldtaximeter.com/barcelona/Barcelona+cruise+port/la+sagrada+familia

Thanks! Is there anything Im not thinking of that you might know about any other issues I might find using the taxis to go to the two places? I have a translator on my phone, and a GPS in case he starts to take a really different more costly route. (I heard they do that in Lisbon)

1 hour ago, Carol999 said:

Thanks! Is there anything Im not thinking of that you might know about any other issues I might find using the taxis to go to the two places? I have a translator on my phone, and a GPS in case he starts to take a really different more costly route. (I heard they do that in Lisbon)

You will find that taxi drivers are generally very honest and many speak 'some' English - although fares are metered ask for a price before you set off so you know approximately what to expect to pay.  Enjoy your cruise; we are about to leave home to go to Malaga Airport for our flight to Tenerife and cruise round the Canary Islands.

Edited by campolady

On 12/2/2018 at 11:23 AM, campolady said:

Thanks. Does anyone know where the taxi rank is when leaving La Sagrada?. Thanks

We were just there in September. I don't recall a taxi stand/rank per se on either of the 4 sides of the church. The HoHo's stop on the back side of the church, in front of a small plaza. The two streets that flank the church (Avenidas Provenca and Mallorca) are pretty major streets heading into central city so it should be pretty easy to hail a cab from there.