Packing: There MUST be a better way!

SoberJulie

Over our several years of serious travel (since retirement) I have put together a travel wardrobe of basic colors (mine are navy/denim and tan/khaki) with all pieces that mix and match. It sounds boring but I have a few tops and scarves in bright accent colors like red,  bright green, and yellow to jazz things up. It makes packing so simple. We cruise Princess and one big reason is their self laundry. It's just no big deal to throw in a load early in the morning, go to breakfast and then toss it over to the dryer. We carry laundry detergent sheets (Amazon) and regular dryer sheets.

For shoes, I wear my biggest/heaviest, usually running type athletic shoes, and pack some simple flats in navy blue, a pair of dressier sandals, and flip flops. Shoes sorted.

I complimented a lady at dinner one night, she had a really pretty top under a sparkly shawl at dinner. She laughed and told me it was her bathing suit top! Now THAT's doing double duty.

I travel really light to start with but now have added packing cubes. I can pretty much go for a week in a weekender tote.  I heard big zip lock bags are good for compressing clothes too. It does add more weight than you think but the ability to roll six or seven t-shirts into one little cube is amazing. Love it!