4 port Western Caribbean activity question

jmeincke

OK, 4 ports, want to do the best activities possible. Family of four, kids are 11 and 13.

I am thinking of the following in the order of the ports:

Grand Cayman:

Stingray City snorkel trip

Cayman Mama at the Cracked Conch

Cozumel:

Paradise Beach and it's water sports

Shopping

Michilada at Panchos Backyard

Belize:

Cave Tubing with Reggie or Yhony

Costa Maya:

Excursion to Mayan ruins - suggestions, please.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

have yo ulooked at the port of calls board??

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/crownprincess.htm

DO you haveenough time in Grand Cayman to do both those things?

Usually when we used a private vendor for stingrays..we have enough time to hurry and shop at the stores at the pier..then head back to catch the last tender.

you can grab some stuff to eat at Paridise beach.

Costa Maya-- check that port of calls board and look for David and Ian-- that excursion is 25.00pp cheaper then the cruiselines- and its more personal.

We did the tour to the ruins in Costa Maya with David and Ivan's http://www.chacchobenruins.com/ . It was a great tour. We went to the beach at Majahual afterwards and got some lunch, beers, and relaxation.

Here are pictures from our time there: http://community.webshots.com/album/527685047YCNWgf

Have a great time!

All the tours you mentioned are great. Go with Captain Marvin for StingRay City! You can 'search' this board for info on his tours. In Belize, we were more than happy with Reggie! We had nine on our tour, ships had 30-40, we were all at same place, did same caves, same amount of time. But, our cost was $45, our ship $93 and we were told Princes is $98 and we actually paid when we got back. His site is regtour.com. I signed up Wed. night, we were leaving fri. am and I emailed him with questions. He not only emailed a responce, he called me on the phone from Belize that night to answer my questions!

Go with Ivan & David in Costa Maya. There is nothing there at the port but shops. This port was built by the cruise industry in the middle of no where. The beach we used to snorkle just to left of pier is now closed. The $3 cab ride to town was just for a beach and more vendors.

In Cozumel, we usually go to Chankanaub, a national park. Good beach, good snorkling, a seal show, swim with the dolphins, snuba and a small museum. Haven't been to Cozumel for year or so but it was $10, per cab, ride there and $10@ to get in. Your kids will be happy with all these tours!

Archived