Favorite Christmas Cruise Activities?

karawoof77

Hi everyone!!

This Christmas I will be taking my second cruise ever and my first Christmas cruise on the Vista. I am wondering if anyone has ever done anything fun on the ship for Christmas, and what kind of themed activities there will be. Also, does anyone know what they will serve for dinner in the MDR? Trying to figure out if I should make reservations for the steakhouse that night! 

If anyone has any fun Christmas cruise tips or memories or fun ideas please post! Also any tips for the Vista would also be greatly appreciated! 🙂 

Don't do holiday cruises anymore - too many unruly kids. Before we retired we used to often take cruises the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas as we wouldn't need to use much vacation. We got tired of the pools being taken over by kids, kids hitting every deck buttons on elevators, and running around without looking where they were going and being knocked around a few times. Not the kids' faults, mostly just parents not caring what they did. Since retirement we avoid them like the plague and choose to go only when school is in session.

This one is rather simple, but my wife and I usually have a glass of wine or two on our balcony before dinner.  We like to watch the other ships leave and we can usually see all kinds of neat Christmas decorations on them.   Nothing like having four to eight Christmas trees pass by while sipping on wine.    

• Like 1

We were on the Vista last year Dec 2 cruise. They had nightly activities including tree lighting, snowing in the atrium, Christmas caroling and an ugly sweater contest! It was very festive and a lot of fun. I was surprised at how many brought their ugly sweaters! Leaving on another cruise Dec 2 and my Christmas sweater is packed! 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 8:40 PM, xo101 said:

We were on the Vista last year Dec 2 cruise. They had nightly activities including tree lighting, snowing in the atrium, Christmas caroling and an ugly sweater contest! It was very festive and a lot of fun. I was surprised at how many brought their ugly sweaters! Leaving on another cruise Dec 2 and my Christmas sweater is packed! 

We are going on the 10th, packing our ugly sweaters.