HAL Ship Logo in Signature - Instructions

POA1

This one is for @sail7seas. I mistakenly though she was missing the Mariner stars when I answered because (1) that's been a common problem, and (2) I couldn't see which graphic was broken. However, people set me straight and here's how to put the classic HAL logo in your signature. There is also a link to the graphic for the new style logo if someone wants that.

Adding the Classic HAL Logo to Your Cruise Critic Signature

First, click on your username to open the drop down menu.

00a-Sig.JPG.38fbe5e64e44d12825a52bb0c09d

Second, click on Account Settings on the drop down menu.

00b-sig.JPG.7a3f26fc7b066dc6df145896bb9d

That will take you to the Settings screen.  You'll want to click on Signature.

00c-sig.JPG.30d0c6a9badce859ca3d0325ad5d

Place you cursor where you'd like to insert the image. If you have broken links or other leftover junk, go ahead and clean it up first, and then put your cursor where you want to insert the image. I chose the beginning of the line. I've only got one line in my signature, but you can have up to 10. Be aware that only one or two lines show up in the unexpanded view of your signature.

Once you've got your cursor placed, click on the Insert other media button and then click Insert image from URL.

02-Signature-Image.thumb.JPG.4d8e021a950

This will open an overlay dialog box where you can enter the URL of the appropriate image.  (They're up near the top of this post, but I'll repeat them at the bottom for your convenience.

03-Signature-Image.thumb.JPG.6249821027f

Copy and paste the correct URL for which logo you want to use. The logo links are below the divider line in this post.  I'm using the classic logo for this example.

image.thumb.png.df335980ba80cca6308c020696c165c1.png

Then, click the Insert into post button to place your image.

The image shows up where your cursor was, at the beginning of the first line in this example.  Don't forget to click the Save button. Otherwise, your signature won't be updated.

The HAL Logo URLs and Images:

Classic Logo:

https://www.instituteofcheer.com/img/2018/HAL-logo-legacy-84x100.jpg

HAL-logo-legacy-84x100.jpg

New Logo:

https://www.instituteofcheer.com/img/2018/HAL-logo-84x100.jpg

HAL-logo-84x100.jpg

If you run into any issues, let me know.

Edited by POA1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

POA1 -

Thanks for the Mariner Star images and HAL logos.

If you are visiting your orbital laboratory, please be on the lookout for the MST3K Satellite of Love. I am afraid the crew is rather unstable. I would hate to have a space accident prevent us from pursuing some collaborative cocktail chemistry research on a future cruise. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/27/2018 at 12:37 PM, POA1 said:

This one is for @sail7seas. I mistakenly though she was missing the Mariner stars when I answered because (1) that's been a common problem, and (2) I couldn't see which graphic was broken. However, people set me straight and here's how to put the classic HAL logo in your signature. There is also a link to the graphic for the new style logo if someone wants that.

Adding the Classic HAL Logo to Your Cruise Critic Signature

First, click on your username to open the drop down menu.

00a-Sig.JPG.38fbe5e64e44d12825a52bb0c09d

Second, click on Account Settings on the drop down menu.

00b-sig.JPG.7a3f26fc7b066dc6df145896bb9d

That will take you to the Settings screen.  You'll want to click on Signature.

00c-sig.JPG.30d0c6a9badce859ca3d0325ad5d

Place you cursor where you'd like to insert the image. If you have broken links or other leftover junk, go ahead and clean it up first, and then put your cursor where you want to insert the image. I chose the beginning of the line. I've only got one line in my signature, but you can have up to 10. Be aware that only one or two lines show up in the unexpanded view of your signature.

Once you've got your cursor placed, click on the Insert other media button and then click Insert image from URL.

02-Signature-Image.thumb.JPG.4d8e021a950

This will open an overlay dialog box where you can enter the URL of the appropriate image.  (They're up near the top of this post, but I'll repeat them at the bottom for your convenience.

03-Signature-Image.thumb.JPG.6249821027f

Copy and paste the correct URL for which logo you want to use. The logo links are below the divider line in this post.  I'm using the classic logo for this example.

image.thumb.png.df335980ba80cca6308c020696c165c1.png

Then, click the Insert into post button to place your image.

The image shows up where your cursor was, at the beginning of the first line in this example.  Don't forget to click the Save button. Otherwise, your signature won't be updated.

The HAL Logo URLs and Images:

Classic Logo:

https://www.instituteofcheer.com/img/2018/HAL-logo-legacy-84x100.jpg

HAL-logo-legacy-84x100.jpg

New Logo:

https://www.instituteofcheer.com/img/2018/HAL-logo-84x100.jpg

HAL-logo-84x100.jpg

If you run into any issues, let me know.

i get to signature then I get lost. paulkatz8 at gmail dot com