$1000 Shipboard Credit - Not Applied Advice?

kkmiausa

Hi all. We completed the 14 day Montreal to Miami cruise on November 4th.  To be sure we got the excursions for fall foliage this time we

decided to book before we got onboard.  I called Seabourn to be sure that we could use the onboard credit for our excursions even if we booked ahead of time and paid with credit card.  I was told to go to guest relations when we got on and let them know that we wanted our onboard credit applied to the excursions and at the end of the cruise our credit card would be refunded.  On the last day it still showed we had unused "nonrefundable" shipboard credit. Again I went to the guest relations and was assured that it would be

forthcoming. On top of that one of the excursions had to be cancelled since we did not go into that port and it was over $200.  I called today and was told I had to

write to guest relations and explain the situation??? I had read before on cruise critic that this in fact is the policy with Seabourn so before I did it I called Seabourn and again was assured that there was no problem.  Has anyone else had a hard time getting this money back?

Thank you all.

We were on the Montreal to Miami cruise with you (Oct. 21 - Nov. 4). Booked our tours online, then transferred them to our OBC once on board. Got the refund on our credit card only a few days after the cruise. Worked perfectly. Keep trying and good luck.

kkmia I hope you get this puzzle sorted.

Whenever we had both refundable and nonrefundable OBC Seabourn has always used the nonrefundable first. Then if there was any refundable OBC, due to a cancelled excursion, this was returned to our credit card probably within the week after the cruise. The last time we had this situation was with our July cruise. 

Good Luck. 

Julie

I don’t think there is an official Seabourn policy for this or that it’s something you tell Guest Services to do, as the Opp writes.  I always go to the Square and politely ask them to cancel a shore excursion I’ve booked with my credit card before the cruise (and I do so well before the cancellation deadline as printed on the ticket!) so that the refund appears as refundable onboard credit.  Then I ask them to re-book the tour.  The new charge will automatically come out of any non-refundable onboard credit first. 

Floris