tipping in specialty restaurants

killsport

On 11/28/2018 at 8:07 PM, Krazy Kruizers said:

I asked a couple of the servers in the Pinnacle Grill and the Tamarind -- they told me that whatever tips they are given personally -- they get to keep -- not put into a pool.

Does this mean if you just leave it on the table and don't hand it to them personally that it goes into the pool?

On 11/29/2018 at 8:33 AM, doublebzz said:

Given the bad experiences that some posters have reported, has anybody ever requested their surcharge refunded?

I have seen post on here where people have adjusted their tip. I myself have never done it. I know that it goes to all and not just that one person who might have not treated me as expected. Maybe they were having a bad day. Or a bad week. Perhaps they are missing home, their child, who knows. So I will not penalize others because of one bad apple. Just my opinion.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lillulu said:

I have seen post on here where people have adjusted their tip. I myself have never done it. I know that it goes to all and not just that one person who might have not treated me as expected. Maybe they were having a bad day. Or a bad week. Perhaps they are missing home, their child, who knows. So I will not penalize others because of one bad apple. Just my opinion.

Our last cruise included gratuities in a promo when we booked- we spoke to the Concierge and filled out the form to add $25 per day to it.  I can't even imagine lowering or removing it- everyone works so hard to make us happy.

• Like 1

I have been at the desk when people have taken off the gratuities and it really bothers me.  There are a lot of hard working staff on board.  Are some not perfect?  Probably,  but I would never consider penalizing all of them for that.  I always bring extra cash for room stewards and some dining staff. 

• Thanks 1