Quick air question

blondietoo

Just tried to do a comparison of Multi-City vs. One Way on Matrix-ITA.  The search is for flights that we will be booking in February (Vancouver to Lisbon).  There are so many considerations that it is mind boggling. Firstly, are you willing to accept two stops rather than one?  We are not so the price increases.  One of the options (lower cost) is flying into Newark and then changing airports to JFK (no thank you).   Then there is flying on airlines that you prefer not flying (Lufthansa just made that list after our horrendous transfer in Frankfurt).  

In any case, I gave up but will check it out again next month.  The price is not an issue going internationally since Regent will book the flights and the only consideration is whether or not the airline and flights are contracted.  

If I figure anything out, I'll post again.

To book a multi city trip, the ‘land’ portion of your trip has to be the shortest distance. In your case, the distance from Rome to Miami us more than from Miami to Phoenix, so multi city would not be available.