Carnival Magic, 2020

CruisingMom77

Anyone who tried MSC and believes that Carnival is better than MSC? If so, why? We were on the MSC Divina last year (7 night Eastern Caribbean), tried Disney  (5 night Western Caribbean) 4 years ago. We loved both, but Disney is now way too expensive for our budget. We truly enjoyed the Eastern Caribbean on the Divina. But we mainly cruise for the itinerary. No loyalty to any of the cruise lines (yet). 

Looking at 2020 cruises the 8 night Southern Caribbean on the Carnival Magic out of Miami looks especially tempting to us. We are a family of three. Our son will be 10 years old around that time. Is the Carnival Magic family friendly? How is the food? Family activities? How are the pools?

I haven't sailed on the two other lines you mentioned, so have no way to compare.

The Magic is a great ship.  The decor is a little gaudy, but fun.  It is extremely family friendly, with lots of activities scheduled and lots of "free play" areas.

Cabins are a fairly generous size.

Mid-ship pool is generally crowded, aft pool not so much, though I don't remember whether children were able to use it.

There are several included lunch options, most on the Lido deck, but also check the outside area on deck 5.

Food in the MDR, and for seaday brunches in the MDR, is consistently pretty good, and of course you can order multiple appetizers, entrees, and desserts.

I think the Magic would be a good choice for your family, especially if it's an itinerary you want.