Rings shopping deal St. Thomas, Aruba, Curacao, St Kitts?

OC PAT

We are leaving Sunday on the Freedom and just decided to buy a temp./replacement rings for my band and engagement rings as I am loosing weight. It use to be St Thomas had the best deals. still? Looking for something in the $200.00, inexpensive. Recommendations?  Thanks for your time.

In St. Thomas The House of Rajah is second to none in both service and price.    We had a VERY good experience with them.   My buddy and I bought watches.   Our wives bought some jewelry, and my buddies wife have some jewelry repairs done.    They were fantastic.   As for George.   He is great.  

https://www.houseofrajah.com/

My Trip Advisor review is here.....  https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147404-d4094256-r567327034-House_of_Rajah_Jewelers-St_Thomas_U_S_Virgin_Islands.html

While your in St. Thomas grab a bite of lunch at the Side Street Pub.

In St. Kitts, I had a good experience at Kay's Fine Jewelers.   They are in the shops right near the dock.      I buy a watch each cruise as my souvenir.    I got a fantastic deal on a Citizen eco-drive Blue Angels watch there.    They were very accommodating and price aggressive.    And I made sure they were an authorized Citizen dealer before buying.

3 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

In St. Kitts, I had a good experience at Kay's Fine Jewelers.   They are in the shops right near the dock. I buy a watch each cruise as my souvenir. I got a fantastic deal on a Citizen eco-drive Blue Angels watch there.    They were very accommodating and price aggressive. And I made sure they were an authorized Citizen dealer before buying.

If I may, can I ask how much you paid? Curious to see the comparison. Thanks!

1 minute ago, ryanbarckley said:

If I may, can I ask how much you paid? Curious to see the comparison. Thanks!

Sure, no problem.   And there's a long story here.     I saw the Citizen eco-drive in the watch shop on board the ship.    This was to years ago, on Navigator.    The "Sale Price" on the ship was $525 (against a list price of $700).    I really liked the watch but not the price.    I did some on line research (thank you Voom) and saw I could get it at home for ~$400, including tax.      I shopped the watch in St. Maarten, but found no deals.    Did the same in St. Kitts.   Nobody competitive until I got to Kay's Fine Jewelry.    They offered, $475.   I told them I could get it on board for only a little more, and a ship board purchase would have more sentimental value.    I asked for the best and final.   They offered $410.   I told them $400 was a nice round number.    We shook hands and I had a watch!

Cut to dinner on board that night.     My buddy saw the watch and fell in love.   He's an ex-Navy pilot so it had particular meaning to him.    I told him there was one in the on board shop for $525 BUT I had the receipts from my purchase, and they say they'll match prices.      We took me, my watch and receipts to the shop.    They were not happy I had receipts.    After three managers reviews, checking the serial number on the watch to make sure it was legit, they begrudgingly matched the price and now my buddy has the same watch.  They were clearly not happy about doing it.

It the favorite watch in my collection  (see below).   This year, I'm buying a Bulova Precisionist.    I'd say only Rarely consider buying a watch on the ship.    Only time I ever did it was a simple Casio G-Shock, which I was looking for, and it was pretty close to on line prices.   

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zdad59 said:

Sure, no problem.   And there's a long story here.     I saw the Citizen eco-drive in the watch shop on board the ship.    This was to years ago, on Navigator.    The "Sale Price" on the ship was $525 (against a list price of $700).    I really liked the watch but not the price.    I did some on line research (thank you Voom) and saw I could get it at home for ~$400, including tax.      I shopped the watch in St. Maarten, but found no deals.    Did the same in St. Kitts.   Nobody competitive until I got to Kay's Fine Jewelry.    They offered, $475.   I told them I could get it on board for only a little more, and a ship board purchase would have more sentimental value.    I asked for the best and final.   They offered $410.   I told them $400 was a nice round number.    We shook hands and I had a watch!

Cut to dinner on board that night.     My buddy saw the watch and fell in love.   He's an ex-Navy pilot so it had particular meaning to him.    I told him there was one in the on board shop for $525 BUT I had the receipts from my purchase, and they say they'll match prices.      We took me, my watch and receipts to the shop.    They were not happy I had receipts.    After three managers reviews, checking the serial number on the watch to make sure it was legit, they begrudgingly matched the price and now my buddy has the same watch.  They were clearly not happy about doing it.

It the favorite watch in my collection  (see below).   This year, I'm buying a Bulova Precisionist.    I'd say only Rarely consider buying a watch on the ship.    Only time I ever did it was a simple Casio G-Shock, which I was looking for, and it was pretty close to on line prices.   

s-l1600.jpg

That's a good lookin' watch congrats.  But I might need a lot of time with the owners manual and a magnifying glass to figure out what all that does 🙂

Wow your responses have been great. Leaving for the airport hotel tonight so I'll check back and see if anyone else has had a good experience.  It looks like St. Thomas is the usual go to for jewelry of these 4 islands I'll be there next Saturday.  I'll check out the one in St. Kitts since it is near the pier. as well.  Thank you all for taking the time to response. I will report next week where I ended up.

2 hours ago, OC PAT said:

Wow your responses have been great. Leaving for the airport hotel tonight so I'll check back and see if anyone else has had a good experience.  It looks like St. Thomas is the usual go to for jewelry of these 4 islands I'll be there next Saturday.  I'll check out the one in St. Kitts since it is near the pier. as well.  Thank you all for taking the time to response. I will report next week where I ended up.

I second Imperial. They were even great to us on line and e-mailing! Try them first! :classic_smile: Have a great trip!

I've been buying jewelry from Imperial Jewelers for over 25 years.  My first purchase was from Charlie, the owner, but he isn't doing much selling any longer.  Andy was great to deal with when we were there several years ago but he was back home visiting with family last year so we dealt with Vicky.  Everyone there has been great to work with and everyone we have sent there has been very satisfied with the quality/prices and service.  Just a heads up, they moved into the Dynasty Dazzlers shop with Charlies daughter after the hurricane damaged the shop they had been in previously.  Happy shopping!!!

19 hours ago, OC PAT said:

We are leaving Sunday on the Freedom and just decided to buy a temp./replacement rings for my band and engagement rings as I am loosing weight. It use to be St Thomas had the best deals. still? Looking for something in the $200.00, inexpensive. Recommendations?  Thanks for your time.

Forever Jewels in St Thomas-on Main st-ask for Don-have been dealing with them for years