When is Deadline to sign up for CC Meet & Mingle

angela12345

I have tried searches several different ways and cannot find the answer to this.  I read the first post in the two pinned posts on this forum about the Meet & Mingles.  I can not figure out how to search within a thread anymore with this new layout, and the threads are waaaaay too long to try to 'find' the answer within the thread.

When is the deadline to sign up for the Carnival/Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle ?

I cannot find the info on how many days in advance this must be done and also I cannot find the timing.  For example, if the deadline is 14 days and someone was cruising on Sat Dec 15, would the deadline be 11:59pm Sat Dec 1 ?  Or, as another example, if the deadline is 7 days, but it has to be done before the 7th day, would the deadline be 11:59pm Fri Dec 7 ?

I can't help you with your immediate need, but to search within a thread (assuming you are on a desktop/PC):

• Enter the thread
  • Type in the search term you want in the search box at upper right
  • A menu-list should have appeared when you clicked in the search box - select "Search In -> This Topic"
  • Click the magnifying glass to execute search

It is my understanding not all search controls/filters are available using a mobile app.

• Thanks 1

If at this time you aren't sure if you will attend or not, sign up anyway.  Even if you don't go to it, there has to be twenty five people signed up for it or they won't have it.  Your signing up for it may be the one that puts it over the top to have it.

I just tested my own theory/question . . . it appears the deadline is 15 days.  I don't know what Time the deadline is for sure (because I just woke up an hour ago and thought about testing this).  But .... today Sat Dec 1 at 8am, for all ships departing on Sat Dec 15, there is no longer an option to sign up for the meet & mingle (however, Dec 16 sailings are still listed).  When I looked yesterday Fri Nov 30, the option to sign up was available for Dec 15 sailings. 

My guess is the deadline is at 11:59pm 15 days before your cruise. 
So, if you depart on a Saturday, you must sign up by 11:59pm on the Friday that is 15 days before your cruise.

(if I can stay awake until midnight tonight, I'll try to test the timing part on the Dec 16 departures, haha)

14 hours ago, GMRPHRN said:

I believe the signing up process is about getting the minimum number to have the event. I find it hard to believe if you show up and aren't on the list you will be turned away.

That's true but by signing up for it, even if they don't attend,  it may throw the count over 25 so that they will schedule one.  I have read on here where way over 25 have signed up for it but only a handful show up.  Most have said that they either didn't know when it was scheduled or it was on the last day of the cruise and made no sense in even going to it.