Carnival Excursions website down?

douglanglois

Fascinating. I tried using Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome, and it worked.

So I went back to Chrome - still not working. I starting disabling extensions, and discovered that it was Amazon Assistant that was causing the problem. After disabling it, Carnival excursions loaded just fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, douglanglois said:

Fascinating. I tried using Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome, and it worked.

So I went back to Chrome - still not working. I starting disabling extensions, and discovered that it was Amazon Assistant that was causing the problem. After disabling it, Carnival excursions loaded just fine.

I use Chrome as well and I have such problems on the Carnival site especially the FAQs but if I switch to Internet Explorer it works fine.

Amazon Assistant? I have that as well...... off to figure out how to disable the assistant that I never use anyway lol

I booked an excursion for 4 people this week.   says two was charged   so I looked and it only charged for the adults   I went in and rebooked the 2 kids--     I was double charged for everything.       so be careful

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, serene56 said:

I booked an excursion for 4 people this week.   says two was charged   so I looked and it only charged for the adults   I went in and rebooked the 2 kids--     I was double charged for everything.       so be careful

Good to know. I shall keep my eye on that.

6 hours ago, 1lizette1 said:

I use Chrome as well and I have such problems on the Carnival site especially the FAQs but if I switch to Internet Explorer it works fine.

Amazon Assistant? I have that as well...... off to figure out how to disable the assistant that I never use anyway lol

I do the following whenever I get the "Bad Request" error message when viewing the FAQs in Chrome on my Samsung Galaxy S7:

1)Close that tab.

2)Open a new tab.

3)Tap the three dots in the top right corner and go to Settings.

4)Go to Privacy.

5)Scroll to the bottom and tap Clear Browsing Data.

6)Choose a time range (last hour, 24 hours, 7 days, 4 weeks, all time) and delete cookies.

I am able to access the FAQs after doing this.  I have never had to clear more than the last 24 hours to make this work.  Hopefully this also works on laptops, desktops, and tablets.

49 minutes ago, Tiger0613 said:

I do the following whenever I get the "Bad Request" error message when viewing the FAQs in Chrome on my Samsung Galaxy S7:

1)Close that tab.

2)Open a new tab.

3)Tap the three dots in the top right corner and go to Settings.

4)Go to Privacy.

5)Scroll to the bottom and tap Clear Browsing Data.

6)Choose a time range (last hour, 24 hours, 7 days, 4 weeks, all time) and delete cookies.

I am able to access the FAQs after doing this.  I have never had to clear more than the last 24 hours to make this work.  Hopefully this also works on laptops, desktops, and tablets.

I am always hesitant to clear data etc because I usually somehow end up clearing passwords etc and have a heck of a time. Maybe I'll just be more careful and do it like you've said. Thanks

1 hour ago, 1lizette1 said:

I am always hesitant to clear data etc because I usually somehow end up clearing passwords etc and have a heck of a time. Maybe I'll just be more careful and do it like you've said. Thanks

You can customize what is deleted.  Basic has browsing history, cookies/media licenses/site data, and cached images and files.  Advanced has browsing history, cookies/site data, media licenses, cached images and files, and saved passwords.  If you choose Basic, you will likely be logged out of some sites.  It appears saved passwords can only be deleted using Advanced settings.  If you choose Advanced, uncheck Saved Passwords.  You will likely still be logged out, but it shouldn't delete any saved passwords.

You should clear browsing data from time to time.  It will make the browser run faster.

Edited by Tiger0613

I know this is drastic but , sometimes you have to reach back into the past a few century's .

Hell🙃 ? I'd  like to book a cruise/ excursion , am I talking to a live and for real pers😆n ? 

Edited by BoDidly
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

So I just logged in today and saw the new manage my cruise page. I've already paid for my Cheers but can't see that anywhere I called Carnival and they say they have a ticket in to fix that. So if it's not fixed by the time I sail I m printing my email confirmation.

Save your emails folks. They can come in handy! 

• Like 1