Prinsendam in Charlotteville, Tobago?

HalFan

In looking at the Marine Traffic website today (Saturday, Dec. 1), I noticed that the Prinsendam is at anchor at Charlotteville instead of docking at Scarborough.  Does anybody know why?

I'm curious because we are on the Prinsendam at the end of the month and are scheduled to dock at Scarborough on Dec. 27.  I'm wondering if this is a frequent occurrence and whether we need to develop a plan B for that day in port.

• 2 weeks later...

We're also on the Prinsendam trip at the end of the month, and Charlotteville would be a big disappointment. This will be our first HAL cruise, and it's interesting that there are no answers from the large number of HAL fans. We docked at Scarborough on our Silver Sea cruise, and we made our Prinsendam excursion plans based on being at the same location. I understand that things happen and plans change with cruise ships,  but it would be nice to know if this is something that happens.

On 12/1/2018 at 11:32 AM, HalFan said:

In looking at the Marine Traffic website today (Saturday, Dec. 1), I noticed that the Prinsendam is at anchor at Charlotteville instead of docking at Scarborough.  Does anybody know why?

I'm curious because we are on the Prinsendam at the end of the month and are scheduled to dock at Scarborough on Dec. 27.  I'm wondering if this is a frequent occurrence and whether we need to develop a plan B for that day in port.

Scarborough weather forecast for 01 Dec shows winds at 18 mph at 07:00 and at 20 mph at 11:00 

26 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Pdam is in dry dock until this Saturday

But it wasn't in dry dock on December 1, which was what the original poster pointed out. Does anyone know if that was where it really was on December 1? Does anyone know if that is an anchorage they use?

Edited by SWFLAOK
clarification

13 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Scarborough weather forecast for 01 Dec shows winds at 18 mph at 07:00 and at 20 mph at 11:00 

From which direction? Would winds from the East, for example, cause the ship to anchor at Charlotteville instead of docking at Scarborougn? Has that happened to anyone in the past?

22 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

No, drydock was shortened when the ship was sold and she is on a 6-day last minute cruise.

Roy

The 6-day cruise starts on Dec 15th to Dec 21st, so Mosaic is correct. Pdam is currently in it's shortened dry dock. The Dec 15th cruise was added when the dry dock was shortened.

Edited by SWFLAOK
typo

11/24/2018 Sat Alter do Chão
11/25/2018 Sun Cross the Equator
11/25/2018 Sun Barra Norte River
11/25/2018 Sun Crossing the Amazon River Bar
11/26/2018 Mon Barra Norte Sea
11/26/2018 Mon Cross the Equator
11/27/2018 Tue Icoaraci (Belem)
11/28/2018 Wed Cross the Equator
11/29/2018 Thu At Sea (Atlantic Ocean)
11/30/2018 Fri At Sea
12/1/2018 Sat Scarborough, Tobago
12/2/2018 Sun Saint George's
12/3/2018 Mon At Sea (Caribbean Sea)
12/4/2018 Tue Santo Domingo
12/5/2018 Wed At Sea (Caribbean Sea)
12/6/2018 Thu At Sea (Florida Straits)
12/7/2018 Fri FORT LAUDERDALE, FL

Winds too high to dock at Scarborough; tendering at Charlotteville was option No. 2/Plan B

Thanks for the info on docking at Scarborough. We just docked there last month and it was a nice calm port with plenty of excursions available from the dock on our Silver Sea cruise. I'm hoping for low winds since the Charlotteville anchorage isn't a place near anything on Tobago so we could end up staying on board. East  winds at 18 to 20 mph aren't rare in the Caribbean so we'll hope for the best.