Transportation - Miami airport to Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale

DebMN

Recommendations please: Travel advice from Miami International airport to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale.

I am not sure what I was thinking but we have a tight travel schedule on Monday, Dec. 17 from the airport to the ship.

Our flight is scheduled to arrive in Miami at 11:36 am - we need to be checked in on our ship (Majesty of the Seas) between 1pm - 3pm in Fort Lauderdale.

I understand it's 30 miles away.

Will we make it?
What's best way to order car service?

And, yes - we are newbies and nervous.

Thank you.

Edited by DebMN
Missed a word

All three options will get you there in about 45 min, give or take for traffic, but the taxi will cost about $75+ while UberX or standard Lyft will be about $35-40+.  Typical wait for an Uber/Lyft pickup at MIA is about 5 min.

6 hours ago, DebMN said:

Recommendations please: Travel advice from Miami International airport to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale.

I am not sure what I was thinking but we have a tight travel schedule on Monday, Dec. 17 from the airport to the ship.

Our flight is scheduled to arrive in Miami at 11:36 am - we need to be checked in on our ship (Majesty of the Seas) between 1pm - 3pm in Fort Lauderdale.

Will we make it?
What's best way to order car service?

Thank you.

No problem at all if your flight is not delayed.. Would have been better to fly to Ft Lauderdale.

Best way to get to port would probably be Uber or Lift

Most fly in a day early to eliminate this kink of risk

• 3 weeks later...

First cruise - and I did the same thing. Only our flight comes into FLL at 3:02pm and last check in in 4:30pm 

I'm having a panic attacks at this point. I also scheduled tight on our outgoing flight.  I for get that large airports take time to get through.  Our local airport is small and fast.

I'm feeling sick to my stomach with anxiety

On 12/21/2018 at 3:25 AM, Adkgirl79 said:

First cruise - and I did the same thing. Only our flight comes into FLL at 3:02pm and last check in in 4:30pm 

I'm having a panic attacks at this point. I also scheduled tight on our outgoing flight.  I for get that large airports take time to get through.  Our local airport is small and fast.

I'm feeling sick to my stomach with anxiety

I would change the flight ASAP.  Even if the flight lands on time it still takes forever to get off the plane, get your luggage if it is checked and then get a cab to the port.  Too many things could go wrong!

Our DS just came home for holidays.  His flight landed 35 minutes early but was 45 minutes late since no gate to park at.  Crazy but that is how things work.

also if you are just doing carry on bags and your flight is full they could gate check your bags.  That means pick up at luggage carousel.

way too risky for me!!

On 12/3/2018 at 12:39 PM, DebMN said:

I am not sure what we were thinking but we have a tight travel schedule on Monday, Dec. 17 from the airport to the ship.

• Will we make it?
  • What's best way to order car service?
  • Any other advice?

Thank you.

Cruise complete! All worry for nothing! What a stress-free adventure after all. Travel was perfect in every way - I shouldn’t have worried. It was a terrific cruise to Cuba!!

13 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

I would change the flight ASAP.  Even if the flight lands on time it still takes forever to get off the plane, get your luggage if it is checked and then get a cab to the port.  Too many things could go wrong!

Our DS just came home for holidays.  His flight landed 35 minutes early but was 45 minutes late since no gate to park at.  Crazy but that is how things work.

also if you are just doing carry on bags and your flight is full they could gate check your bags.  That means pick up at luggage carousel.

way too risky for me!!

We were able to get a flight change but the only other flight they had available came in about an hour earlier.  Not much more time but ... I guess we just have to hope it all works out.

15 hours ago, DebMN said:

Cruise complete! All worry for nothing! What a stress-free adventure after all. Travel was perfect in every way - I shouldn’t have worried. It was a terrific cruise to Cuba!!

Glad it all worked out and you had a fun cruise.  Hopefully you'll schedule your flights with a lot more wiggle room for your next cruise - you never know when flights will be delayed or cancelled and mess with your plans.