Short review of Meraviglia

nautica34

2 hours ago, Jimbo59 said:

It is round trip, to the old port. But I think it is only for passengers staying on the ship.

Thank you. The free shuttle to the port is right by our hotel for embarkation day. Was thinking more for when we disembark and our overnight hotel is in the old port. Am getting a bit nervous reading all the negative reports about this cruise! :classic_unsure:

4 hours ago, dundeelass said:

Hi  there, I’m still on ship too. RIP off , by the way if you came to see the masterchef at sea I’m the woman from Scotland that won it. Lol have to say, this has been o e of the worst cruises with msc I’ve been on, what about you guys.

dundeelass - I am still curious as to what else changed on Meraviglia in the few weeks since your last cruise on this ship.

By the way, we had dinner in Butchers Cut last night. It was excellent. .

18 hours ago, Tapi said:

If I recall correctly, they offered early dinner with a fixed time at various restaurants. One was at 530pm, another at 600pm and another at 630pm. We had open dining and that was served beginning at 600pm at the Panorama restaurant. 

Thanks Tapi. We are on the Bellisima in April and as it is a sister ship doing much the same itinerary, I expect the dining times to be similar. We requested early dining but 5:30 is too early so I hope we get 6:30.

Lois

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dundeelass said:

Won’t be back on msc if you paid me. Total waste of vacation time for us, but each to their own I guess. 

Sorry to read that you’re not enjoying your cruise. I’m just curious about what’s making it so bad that you’re considering it a waste of a vacation.  There has to be more than “the same shows” or “attitude and food” to make such a bold statement. 

Our cruise on the Meraviglia two weeks ago was fantastic, and after 30+ cruises, it easily ranks as one of the best that I’ve ever taken. The Meraviglia made me drastically change my opinion about MSC for the better. I saw vast improvements in customer service, cuisine, and entertainment. It’s been a while since I’ve encountered a friendlier, and more attentive and proactive crew. Consistently, every crew member that I came across was cheerful, quick to smile, and offer their assistance. Just walking around the ship, our glances were always met with smiles and a quick hello. 

Respectfully, many times the attitude that we perceive from crew members is nothing more than their reaction to the way that we treat them. If every single person that I come across has a bad attitude, I take a quick look at myself. I’m the common denominator.

On the Meraviglia, there were two nights when the Cirque du Soleil shows were canceled due to technical difficulties. As you can imagine, the line at the Cirque information desk was long, with angry passengers whose show had been canceled and couldn’t be rescheduled. I was sitting at the bar watching the scene, as passenger after passenger walked up to these men, and proceeded to scream and gesture at them. You could see the look of defeat and exhaustion in their faces. When the line finally died down, I walked up to ask a quick question about my show later in the week. But first, with a smile I said to both “I know you’ve had a rough day. You’re doing a great job holding it together”. And immediately both sighed in relief and smiled big, before quickly proceeding to assist me. Sometimes we forget to treat crew members in a way that we’d like to be treated. 

Enough of that. I hope that what’s left of your cruise gets better! Enjoy! 

Edited by Tapi
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jimbo59 said:

Maybe they only change the shows twice a year.

Change the shows twice a year? On the main cruise lines the production shows run for YEARS before they are changed....

HLR

• Like 1