Hoping we'll see the Super Moon/Lunar Eclipse on 21Jan19!

mytern2

Icing on the cake for a holiday if we're able to see this spectacular site.  From Newsweek: 

The total lunar eclipse, which takes place in the early hours of January 21, is special as it will also be a “supermoon”—a phenomenon where a full moon coincides with its closest approach to Earth, known as the perigee. This makes the Moon appear bigger than normal....These two events mean stargazers in January will see a “super blood moon.”

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mytern2 said:

Icing on the cake for a holiday if we're able to see this spectacular site.  From Newsweek: 

The total lunar eclipse, which takes place in the early hours of January 21, is special as it will also be a “supermoon”—a phenomenon where a full moon coincides with its closest approach to Earth, known as the perigee. This makes the Moon appear bigger than normal....These two events mean stargazers in January will see a “super blood moon.”

I will be on the Escape, so excited

Got to see the July 27 blood moon lunar eclipse on Epic while in the med this summer. It was the longest lunar eclipse of the century. Well worth it. I knew it was going to be happening, so I brought binoculars, which made me somewhat popular with fellow passengers. Just don't forget to wipe them off between shares for safety.

People were mesmerized, it was spectacular, as you don't often get to see eclipses in the darkness of sea, I'll try to upload if I can figure out how.