Navigator of the Seas Junior Suite

13 minutes ago, Tripchick1963 said:

I spoke to someone who just got off a cruise and was staying in that cabin.

Did they take any photos? I'm really bummed about the small closet and tub. Those are suite staples. I wonder if I can switch without a change fee if I mentioned I booked cabin for bathtub but I found out they do not have one and can I please switch to another JS. I'll call in the morning. SIGH....

Yes, she sent me some pictures. I was able to change at no extra charge, because my travel agent found me a JS in the same Category (6B). I feel your pain, as the larger closets and bathtub were two of my reasons for picking a JS. I am soooo glad that I asked to see some pictures of the room on some pages. I would of ben so angry and upset if I didn't not find this out until I was on the ship!! The sad thing is, my Travel agent said that the really nice man at RC said that when he pulls up the specifics of that room, it states that it has a tub. So they definately have a glitch in the system!

5 minutes ago, Tripchick1963 said:

Yes, she sent me some pictures. I was able to change at no extra charge, because my travel agent found me a JS in the same Category (6B)....

I don't understand this.  A 6B is not a Junior Suite, it's a spacious balcony.  Junior Suites are J1, J3, J4. 

5 minutes ago, Tripchick1963 said:

I apologize, I meant J3!! I was looking at my sisters confirmation at the time, and she is in a spacious balcony.

Np worries, I thought Royal might have changed the categories again.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

OMG HUGE BALCONY! Too bad they couldn't make some of the balcony the cabin. LOL!

This is a girl's trip and I know they will ABSOLUTELY LOVE the balcony.  It's their first cruise. But the bathroom and closet is a deal breaker for 3 women. That's why we booked the Jr. Suite. I'll call in the AM and hopefully I can switch to another J3 Jr. suite without a penalty fee.  

Good Luck!! When my travel agent re-booked for me, there were two J3 Category Suites on Deck 9. Maybe one of them will still be available?! Could you believe how small that closet was!! The closets on spacious Balcony rooms are bigger!! I LOVED the balcony and was so excited when I booked the room. I am with a group of 22, and we envisioned many nights together all hanging out on the awesome balcony!! But the woman who stayed on there last week, said the bathroom was super small, she said it reminded her of a bathroom on an interior room.  And regarding the balcony, although she loved the size, she said it was either super hot (no cover) or super windy (front of ship) and she found the tall plexiglass distracting. I really believe RC needs to advertise on this room about the bathroom and closet, like they let you now when some balconies are obstructed. Some people don't like baths, and don't care about a big closet, but would love an extra large room and great balcony, so for them it would be a great room! Its also in a great location!

• Like 2

Only J3 left is cabin 6394 which is aft and obstructed view. So we'll stay where we are and make the most of it. 

49 days to go! 7 weeks from this very moment we'll be boarding the NOS!!!!!😁😁😁😁

May 17. It's their 1st cruise so they're none the wiser. That balcony is going to blow their MINDS! And mine too. 😃 So I'll focus on that most of the cruise. Thank God it's just a 3 nighter. 

I'll give a detail cabin review when we return. 

Thanks again for posting pics and video. That helped tremendously! 

On 3/29/2019 at 8:00 PM, LovECruiseS said:

I was just going to add, sailings are just 3 or 4 nights...so, not too concerned about small closet or bathroom. 

Balcony seems great!

Yeah, that's exactly why I'm not worried about it. 3 nights is nothing. Can't wait to have breakfast, cocktails, and everything else on that huge balcony. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

• Like 1

What a balcony!  What a spacious room.  I love balconies however I’ve always stick to the standard.  I need to up my game!  Needs some loungers and tables to fill it!  The high glass is a bummer. Maybe because of the no hair dryer needed wind if this is front of ship!  7 days!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I'm also interested to see how they will let out the sofa bed to a double bed. Looking at that video if they let out the bed it will block the bathroom door.  🤔

Did I tell you, I'M SO READY TO CRUISE!!!! I'll just sleep on the balcony. Can you bring me two beds to make a king on the balcony? LOL!!!!

• Like 1

I've been lurking following some of these posts because we booked the 1106 junior suite. We are bringing our baby - who will be just a year old when we take this cruise and we booked this room because it was supposed to have a bathtub - a necessity I feel we need with a baby (which is why we didn't book our typical balcony room). 

After reading this I called both my travel agent and Royal Caribbean - both who assured me 100% that 1106 has a bathtub. When I mentioned 1154 only having a shower (the room mentioned here) I was also told 100% that 1154 also has a bathtub and that every junior suite on Navigator has a bathtub. 

I can't change my room without getting hit with a $300 fee ($100 per person) and all the rooms are more expensive now then when I booked the cruise. The reason we booked a junior suite over balcony was because bringing the baby, we felt we needed the extra space and the bathtub - I'm going to feel really ripped off and lied to if there is no bathtub on the deck 11 junior suites. What have other people found out when they tried to change? 

1 minute ago, bethie1980 said:

I've been lurking following some of these posts because we booked the 1106 junior suite. We are bringing our baby - who will be just a year old when we take this cruise and we booked this room because it was supposed to have a bathtub - a necessity I feel we need with a baby (which is why we didn't book our typical balcony room). 

After reading this I called both my travel agent and Royal Caribbean - both who assured me 100% that 1106 has a bathtub. When I mentioned 1154 only having a shower (the room mentioned here) I was also told 100% that 1154 also has a bathtub and that every junior suite on Navigator has a bathtub. 

I can't change my room without getting hit with a $300 fee ($100 per person) and all the rooms are more expensive now then when I booked the cruise. The reason we booked a junior suite over balcony was because bringing the baby, we felt we needed the extra space and the bathtub - I'm going to feel really ripped off and lied to if there is no bathtub on the deck 11 junior suites. What have other people found out when they tried to change? 

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

If you are changing staterooms, but keeping the same exact category, then there should be no change fees, unless those fees are being imposed by the travel agent.

If you are changing categories, then they will reprice staterooms to the current price.

Thanks for the response. Sorry didn't mention that there are no J3 staterooms showing available on this cruise. So I guess we are stuck now? Not sure why they would be saying there's a bathtub if there isn't....I would have chosen a different room had I known this.

3 minutes ago, bethie1980 said:

Thanks for the response. Sorry didn't mention that there are no J3 staterooms showing available on this cruise. So I guess we are stuck now? Not sure why they would be saying there's a bathtub if there isn't....I would have chosen a different room had I known this.

What is your sailing date?

I posted pictures and video from a woman who just got off the ship and said she stayed in cabin #1154, (which is what I booked)and there was not a bathtub in her videos and pictures. I will share them again. I was able to switch to a hump balcony suite on deck 9 at no extra cost. I know someone else that's gong in May and booked the room, she was also bummed about the tub, but has decided to keep the room because she is in love with the extra large balcony. Below is the pictures and the video the lady shared with me, and as you can see, not bathtub, unless she was lying to me, and the pictures and videos were from another room, but I cant imagine what she would gain by doing that! Lol! The woman going in May is also going to share a review when she gets back. Royal Caribbean also told my travel agent that the room had a tub, but I think they are just reading off paperwork that says all junior suites have tubs. RC definitely need to upgrade the info on these rooms, like they do for Obstructed balconies. Also, they tell you Jr Suites have walk in closets, and you can see in the picture below this is not the case. What is your sail date?

IMG_3664.JPG

IMG_3665.JPG

My sail date is in November over Thanksgiving. I called back up to Royal Caribbean and this time got more help - they confirmed that the deck 11 junior suites do NOT have bathtubs. I managed to get a different cabin so it all worked out. However, you have to have someone willing to listen to you and contact the ship itself to confirm, because all their paperwork does say there is a tub. I expect that to change soon once they have a few unhappy customers. 

So today guess what I received? You guessed it. A RoyalUp offer! I went to rccls website and only 3 suites were available to book. 3 grand suites.

I clicked the email and was taken to the webpage. Low and behold 4 suite categories popped up. I've read all the royalup threads so I know they may or may not be available. 

Lowest bid for the Grand suite $100/pp for 2 people. So $200 bid for a grand suite.

Royal suite $1300

Owners suite $360

GS 2 bdrm $600

If it was a week long cruise I would bid. But I already think I'm over paying for my J3 since it's not really a suite just a balcony with an extended spacious humongous balcony.