Advice for Lindqvuist Beach

naylenk

My husband, almost 3 year old daughter and I are going to be heading to St. Thomas at the beginning of January.  Lindqvuist beach sounds beautiful - I like the idea of it being quieter, having a great clean bathroom and won't need food/drinks while we're there.  I'm just looking for advice on how to make this outing as good as possible.  Just get a taxi?  We will need to take a car seat with us - is it a far walk to the beach? Getting transportation back to the ship?  Any other thoughts?  Is there a better beach option for a toddler?  Thanks!

Taxis are easy to get there and back. They drop you off very close to the beach, so not much of a walk.  If the bathroom facilities are up and running again since the hurricanes, yes they are clean.  I have not been there since.  Before they were built,  it was just port a potties out there.   Lindqvist is a beautiful beach and not usually crowded.  There is shade for your toddler too.  We love it!! Magen's Bay would be another option for a toddler-- the water there is usually very calm. 

I would not recommend Coki (gets really crowded on ship days) or Sapphire (kind of rocky) for a toddler. 

Enjoy your time on STT. 

How do you get a taxi back? You have to ask the driver to come back at a specific time, or can you get one from the road?

Also, can you rent loungers? Wondering if we should go there by taxi, or book the secret sands excursion through rccl. ($40pp).

If you do the excursion, transportation, chairs, and limited drinks and snacks are included. If you go on your own you have to arrange and pay for everything a la carte. The advantage of going on your own is you're on your own time.

The ultimate experience is going on your own, but now you will be among fellow cruisers who booked the excursion through the cruise line. But still, of the two choices we would do the self-excursion, picking up a lunch and drinks at the port and laying our towels in a quieter spot of sand. Nothing like being on your own time...taxis are readily available.

But if lounges are more important to you, which can be the case for some - and you don’t mind being limited on time - opt for the group excursion...

Both are good choices depending on you.

Edited by blue_water

On 12/6/2018 at 4:09 PM, naylenk said:

My husband, almost 3 year old daughter and I are going to be heading to St. Thomas at the beginning of January.  Lindqvuist beach sounds beautiful - I like the idea of it being quieter, having a great clean bathroom and won't need food/drinks while we're there.  I'm just looking for advice on how to make this outing as good as possible.  Just get a taxi?  We will need to take a car seat with us - is it a far walk to the beach? Getting transportation back to the ship?  Any other thoughts?  Is there a better beach option for a toddler?  Thanks!

Perhaps someone can confirm, but ideally you would get a private taxi that can safely use a car seat and have the driver return at a scheduled time even. We haven’t done that so hopefully another can confirm that as an option?

Lindquist beach is absolutely the best...simply for the reason that it's a park with an entrance fee, and not much in the way of facilities, so it gets a lot less crowded than the other beaches. There are ship's excursions that go there (it's sometimes called "Secret" Beach), but it's still usually less crowded. Coki is awful..stay away. Megan's gets very crowded when there are a lot of ships in.  

I can't speak for doing Lindquist with a toddler and a car seat, but you can certainly hire a taxi at the cruise port, have the driver take you there, and arrange for pickup again at a certain time. When calculating the return trip, remember that the traffic can be brutal. Talk to the driver. He/She will be able to advise, but leave some wiggle room in the timing.