Miami debark after visiting Cuba

TXLori

We got off on Saturday. Easy Peasy.

We had booked the Celebrity transfer from the port to MIA airport. Our bus was scheduled to depart 8:15. I think we got off about 7:45. People walking off with their luggage could disembark earlier but we had to wait until all the luggage that had been put out the night before was in the terminal before they let anyone else get off.

Only slight delay we had was finding our bags. they were organised numerically from 1-20. We were 21 which for some reason was between 6 and 7!

Immigration were super nice. I was fumbling for my passport with all my bags and the immigration officer said.... "Let's make it easy, I'll come to you", and he did. I wish we got pleasant courteous service like that at IAD!

We were on the bus well before 8, and the 8:15 bus left on the dot of 8:15. 

We were very impressed with how fast we disembarked.

We were on the short Thanksgiving cruise visiting Key West then Havana before going back to Miami. It was honestly one of the simplest and fastest disembarkations I've ever experienced. No problems at all. Had I know how quickly things would go, I could have booked an earlier flight home.  (Although I probably wouldn't have, being risk-averse... 😂)

• Like 1

We got off  in Miami Tues Dec 4 after the 10 day Intensive Cuba.  Independent disembark was very easy off the ship, grab big suitcases, through immigration in 2-3 minutes, with a quick pasport check and the question “ Do you have anything to declare?.”  That was followed by  “Where do you live?” and we were out the door.  Quickly in a cab to the Miami pre-cruise hotel to grab the car for the trip home.  One of our fastest and easiest in 30+ cruises. 

• Like 1

Aside from the SNAFU of retrieving "prohibited" items from security, early WALK OFF was pretty simple. WE didn't wait for an announcement. Near the announced projected time, we were ready and left our cabin heading for the gangway. We found the correct location, verified with the security staff where to wait. They were prepared and we were 2nd in line when the ship was cleared (right around 7:00 AM - as projected).  We walked off - walked though customs, found the "prohibited items retrieval place" (outside customs) and got in line for a cab. A cab arrived immediately and we were off to MIA.

MIA was a disaster - with long security lines -- AND they had the dogs out. But I still made my "early" flight (11:00 AM - not all that early!!)