Cuba ports docking/tendering questions

seattle sojourner

8 hours ago, thatbloominplace said:

bonnie can you verify this policy on the use of onboard credit to pay for visas. i keep hearing different policies regarding this. we leave on jan. 5 so would like to know this before we board.

I hadn't heard about this until I read your post. I have just had it confirmed that, yes, guests may now use OBC* towards the cost of the Cuba visa when you purchase it through us at embarkation. This is good news! 

*Note: I doubt this includes the shorex-only OBC. I'll double check on that and will circle back with the answer.

28 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

I hadn't heard about this until I read your post. I have just had it confirmed that, yes, guests may now use OBC* towards the cost of the Cuba visa when you purchase it through us at embarkation. This is good news! 

*Note: I doubt this includes the shorex-only OBC. I'll double check on that and will circle back with the answer.

I was correct in that the shore-excursion-only OBC is not valid for visas. 

On 12/16/2018 at 11:40 AM, BBMacLaird said:

The cruise ship dock in Santiago has not been fixed. There is a cargo dock that cruise ships *may* use but only if no cargo ships have scheduled it. Unfortunately they have priority. We cannot count on using the cargo dock. I wish we could!

It looks like yesterday's stop was able to use the dock.

I'm sitting on deck five in the shade watching flying fish skim across the water. We dock back in Miami in the morning. Anyone who has the opportunity to see Cuba before the first McDonald's shows up should do so. We're so glad we chose this Azamara itinerary with 3 ports in Cuba and the overnight in Havana. It's unforgettable. 

• Like 1