New BOGOF sale?

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I started cruising in 2008 but back in 1993, considered cruising for my honeymoon. TA eventually talked us out of it  but we never threw the brochures away. Came across them about a week ago while cleaning the house for the holidays.

Princess is the only one that has prices - about $1,500 pp for an inside room, lower bunks (no prices for upper bunks????) 7 night out of Miami on Sky Princess.  Still touting every ship as The Love Boat with a picture of Gavin Mcleod. I wonder how many people today remember that show.

Apparently, I must have been considering RCL Song of America as I have a brochure for just that ship - 1992 Ship of the Year!! All 37,000 GRT tons of her. The1,400 passengers must have been proud. Love the pictures with the 1980's hair and clothing styles.  And activities from water-balloon toss, tug-of-war, skeet-shooting and something called NovelQuest, which promises to get crazy. hmmmm???

Interesting, there were main and second seating for breakfast (7:00/8:30 am) and lunch (12:00 / 1:30 pm) as well?

There is a section on tipping but I won't get into that. 😉

Ex-Wife talked me into the Brand new Sovereign of the Seas, Largest Cruise ship built up til then. All the other Love Boat and Carnival ships were 15-37K Tons as we looked down on them. BUT!...we had to charge the cruise, was $3800 for a 7nite Deck 2 tiny Port Hole cabin. So small had 2 couches that they mad into bed at nite, then back to furniture in am. Great cruise but on a Junior Enlisted pay took us 2yrs to pay off and Marriage lasted 14yrs, long enough get me 3 great kids that I raised on my own. Also got to Skeet Shoot and Golf off back of the ship, can't do that anymore, not PC as was the Speedo she had me wear in 1988... Do miss free Soda with meals they did away will...

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I started cruising in 2008 but back in 1993, considered cruising for my honeymoon. TA eventually talked us out of it  but we never threw the brochures away. Came across them about a week ago while cleaning the house for the holidays.

Princess is the only one that has prices - about $1,500 pp for an inside room, lower bunks (no prices for upper bunks????) 7 night out of Miami on Sky Princess.  Still touting every ship as The Love Boat with a picture of Gavin Mcleod. I wonder how many people today remember that show.

Apparently, I must have been considering RCL Song of America as I have a brochure for just that ship - 1992 Ship of the Year!! All 37,000 GRT tons of her. The1,400 passengers must have been proud. Love the pictures with the 1980's hair and clothing styles.  And activities from water-balloon toss, tug-of-war, skeet-shooting and something called NovelQuest, which promises to get crazy. hmmmm???

Interesting, there were main and second seating for breakfast (7:00/8:30 am) and lunch (12:00 / 1:30 pm) as well?

There is a section on tipping but I won't get into that. 😉

I was actually booked on the first Royal Princess in 1984, for a week that Love Boat was going to be filming on the ship. Messed up my knee and ended up having surgery, which forced me to cancel.

As far as first and second seating goes, I don't think the buffets were going yet, so the only place to eat was the MDR, and the only way to feed all the passengers was in shifts, even for breakfast and lunch.

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

03129AEB-1B39-4A8F-B933-47EC72929E8E.jpeg

I actually booked through them for my 2017 Enchantment cruise. They were about $250 less than anyone else for a cabin. The only way to book was over the phone, and the agent reminded me of a used car salesman. It was the most nervous I have ever been about a booking.

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Not 100% but think prices posted on that site do not include Port Taxes and doesn't update current prices right away that posted on Royals site or like other sites do when cabin prices change...

Prices are in US dollars, per person, based on double occupancy. Prices are subject to change without notice by cruise lines until a deposit has been made, and must be reconfirmed at time of booking. Prices include port charges but do not include airfare or (where applicable) airport or government taxes or fees. Prices and promotions are for new bookings only, in accordance with cruise line policies. Click any price to convert to other currencies.

43 minutes ago, clean1owner said:

I actually booked through them for my 2017 Enchantment cruise. They were about $250 less than anyone else for a cabin. The only way to book was over the phone, and the agent reminded me of a used car salesman. It was the most nervous I have ever been about a booking.

I have used this agency a few times. I had a great agent each time.

35 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

Prices are in US dollars, per person, based on double occupancy. Prices are subject to change without notice by cruise lines until a deposit has been made, and must be reconfirmed at time of booking. Prices include port charges but do not include airfare or (where applicable) airport or government taxes or fees. Prices and promotions are for new bookings only, in accordance with cruise line policies. Click any price to convert to other currencies.

Kool, no problem. Picture posted looks exactly like another Travel site where prices do not including Taxes, I just checked...

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, clean1owner said:

I was actually booked on the first Royal Princess in 1984, for a week that Love Boat was going to be filming on the ship. Messed up my knee and ended up having surgery, which forced me to cancel.

As far as first and second seating goes, I don't think the buffets were going yet, so the only place to eat was the MDR, and the only way to feed all the passengers was in shifts, even for breakfast and lunch.

Yes, all the tables on on Royal and NCL were 8,10,12 tops, now many 2 & 4. On both lines not that long ago(90's) the WindJammer/Buffet restaurants for Dinners had Table cloths, Waiters and would bring you drinks and main course and Dessert to your table. Though didn't have to wear Formal/Semi Formal like in Main Dining they were still restrictive of clothing, no tank tops, swim wear with cover ups they did allow shorts. When they first opened on NCL & Royal pay Restaurants required Semi Formal, no shorts, no jeans allowed. Dress code didnt include Johnny Rockets. Now the Buffets are really crowded, 30yrs ago not so much

7 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Not 100% but think prices posted on that site do not include Port Taxes and doesn't update current prices right away that posted on Royals site or like other sites do when cabin prices change...

I don’t know a thing about their pricing or policy. I just posted this pic to show how they refer to a brochure price.