Pre-Book Excursions/Drink Pkg online before sailing

billsr

Hi,

I learned from this forum that if I prebook my drink packages/excursions on line before sailing, it is somewhat discounted.    I have a few questions:

1) I am wondering what the payment options are.   Do you pay in full by credit card or is it added to your cruise folio account?   

2) If I prebook my drink package/excursions and then a deal comes out; can I get my pre-booking refunded and rebook at the lower price?

3) What is typically the best deal on an adult drink package.   Right now it is showing 20% off.   Is this about the best to be expected.   We are 90 days out.

4) Drink package currently says "From 73$ CDN per day".  Not understanding the "From".   This implies some other pacakges that are higher priced but I only see the one adult package available.....so why "From" vs "Is".

Thanks

You pay in full for pre-cruise purchases.  You are allowed to use on board credit to make pre-cruise purchases too.

You can cancel up to 72 hours before the cruise for a full refund.  This may have been reduced to 24 hours recently, but I'm not sure that applies to all ships.

Forget the "percent off" numbers, Royal makes those up.  Just look at the bottom line price.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, billsr said:

Hi,

I learned from this forum that if I prebook my drink packages/excursions on line before sailing, it is somewhat discounted.    I have a few questions:

1) I am wondering what the payment options are.   Do you pay in full by credit card or is it added to your cruise folio account?   

2) If I prebook my drink package/excursions and then a deal comes out; can I get my pre-booking refunded and rebook at the lower price?

3) What is typically the best deal on an adult drink package.   Right now it is showing 20% off.   Is this about the best to be expected.   We are 90 days out.

4) Drink package currently says "From 73$ CDN per day".  Not understanding the "From".   This implies some other pacakges that are higher priced but I only see the one adult package available.....so why "From" vs "Is".

Thanks

You can cancel and rebook.  The original booking will process as a refund to your card, so it may not show up the same day the new charge goes through. 

The lowest I have heard of is $42 US per day.  I booked at $45 US and am waiting/hoping for it to drop still; however, I sail in about 40 days...  probably slim change.

I think the "from" reference is because you can add Voom also, which brings up the cost.

I was just looking at pre booking the Deluxe Beverage package and we also want internet for 2. Looks like it will be cheaper, right now anyway, to book the Deluxe Beverage and VOOM package vs doing each separately.  It's been years since we've sailed RCCL and just starting to research many things including if we should do the drink package or not, we probably will.