Question for CBO Bonnie re: who to contact for suggested itinerary/excursion changes

nordski

If this is of any help, we were anticipating difficulties and looked into local tour operators. In short, those who live locally in Normandy indicated they were able to travel somewhat freely on the 5th of June. All said the 6th would be difficult and would not take reservations. One larger operator actually running on the 6th was already fully booked. We were able to find a local sole proprietor guide/operator out of Cherbourg for the 5th for a "D-Day and Bayeux" tour. How it will turn out in terms of ability to access historical sights we'll only know when we get there I suppose.

And just an observation on swapping port times between Honfleur and Rouen. I suspect that might be difficult in that I believe ships over certain draft need to be mindful of tides that far up the Seine (Rouen) and river traffic may be an issue with the Rouen Armada taking place. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sternmark said:

Just a correction to my previous post....  upon second look, river depths would not seem to be an issue for Journey west of Rouen.

Thanks.

My buddy, who has contacts with the Juno Centre and will be there on the 6th, argues that Honfleur will likely be a nightmare on the 6th with both pedestrians and traffic.

He laughingly told me to find a seat in La Cidrerie and watch the ceremonies  on TV.

I realize flipping Honfleur and Rouen is a longshot but worth mentioning.