Buying a Dining Package- Not Available

Nanarrow

Hi there,

We are sailing on the Rhapsody in a Suite on Jan 5th. I went in my cruise planner to purchase a 5 day dining package- and it is no longer available. (it was there last week- but the site was being wonky)- I called Crown and Anchor and they said there was nothing I could do- except by the 7 day package. (which I really do not want to do). Do you know of anyway I could work this out? Anyone I could call? Has anyone experienced this before? Is there a solution? Thank you so much for any info.

I've been dealing with this myself for Allure on Feb 10.  I have received email confirmation from two different RCCL dining team staff that the 4 and 5 night packages have been eliminated fleetwide.  I considered combining the 3-day and the BOGO but decided not to.  I believe BOGO has to be used on both days 1 and 2 and you have to use one of the 3-day dinners on either day 1 or 2.  Also, neither are eligible for hibachi grill.  The cost of the Ultimate package is not much more.

3 hours ago, Nanarrow said:

I wonder...could I buy the Bogo 2 day and a 3 day package? Its a few dollars more, which I do not mind- but the ultimate is 376$ more (I am buying for 4)

We were on Symphony a few weeks ago and bought the BOGO and the 5 night package. Once on board we found that they no longer assign a restaurant for the first night even though we had picked times in the cruise planner. We went up to Wonderland to book the 7 nights and had no problem picking day 3 as our first night for the package, there was also all times and venues we wanted available.  To the poster CINCYCHAD we have found over the last 3 or 4 cruises that once onboard they don't seem to care when you use the package nights, we were also told by the host at Wonderland that on a slow night the package will be accepted for Hibachi Grill.  She said to make a Hibachi Grill reservation in the afternoon for that night and the Hibachi host will cancel a reservation you have at another restaurant that evening.  What you hear from the RCL reps seems to have no correlation with what actually happens once onboard. happy cruising.  

2 hours ago, cincychad said:

Thanks for the info taglovestocruise.  firemanswife2 - I have found that when they are showing up and you try to purchase the 4 or 5 night package, you can't complete the purchase.  

If you are getting the pop up message CONFLICT OF RESERVATIONS you can scroll down to the bottom and there is/ or used to be a continue anyway button. good luck