Anthem-2 Balcony Cabins vs. 1 Suite

flannbarr

We are sailing the Anthem of the Seas on 3/30/19 after many sailings on Oasis class ships. Sailing with me are my wife and 16 year old son. We thought a friend of my son was joining us but no longer. So now we have 3 people sailing. We also have friends sailing with their kids who are in adjoining balcony cabins on deck 12.

Last cruise was on Harmony and we sailed Star Class in a 2 BR AquaTheatre Suite which was amazing but totally unnecessary but still fun.

We have sailed 3 in one cabin previously like many of you. This time, we are thinking we want either 2 cabins or a suite with a separate bedroom and living room. This results in the following options available to us:

• 2 Adjoining Balcony Cabins-1 double, 1 single. We would have 4 beds and 2 bathrooms total in the 2 rooms. Total cost $3,916
  • 1 Owner's Suite w/Sky Class. We would have 2 beds, 1 sleeper sofa and 1.5 baths. Total cost $6,772
  • 1 Sky Loft Suite w/Sky Class. We would have 2 beds, 1 sleeper sofa and 2 baths. Total cost $8,842

We loved Coastal Kitchen on the Harmony which we would get with Sky Class. We would use it on some days but maybe not all dinners so we could eat dinner with our friends in the main dining room. So I am not sure we would really take advantage of some of the Sky Class perks although the Suite Sun Deck is nice. So maybe not worth the extra $$$ for the suite?  We can afford any of these options but why blow the $$$ again, right? 

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Edited by flannbarr

We would do the suite they have a larger balcony.  If you could open the balcony doors then maybe the 2 balconys would work.  We are also on that sailing and are looking forward to the trip south.  This last Sept we were on the Anthem going to New England/Canada and had such a great time that we cancelled a Liberty cruise in Sept. 20196 to book the Anthem again for Nov. 2019.