Scooter Use in Rome?

tommui987

No - sailing on HAL.

Betty - thank you for answering on this blog.

I had written to you directly about the Nordic part of this cruise (Norway and Cork, Ireland) and you answered and was going to refresh your memory and get back to me).

I'll dig through what I have left for those areas and see what I can remember. The Norwegian fjords were all accessible but some had different things to offer..

You should not have any problem getting around in Rome. Regardless, really pay attention to where you are going. Not all streets had sidewalks and not all sidewalks had cutouts You will definitely notice the cobblestones. There is a hop on/hop off bus which has a stop near the main train station. We took it to the Vatican and then wandered around on our way back. The Vatican is also accessible, but you may have a special route getting around in it.

We did not go down in the area west and north of the Colosseum. It would have been a mighty steep hill coming back up the steep incline and hills can be rough on scooter batteries.

I thought you were putting the trips together and looked up whatever was going south from Amsterdam. Oh, if you dock in town in Amsterdam, everything is accessible. However, in the Ann Frank house, you cannot get up stairs with the scooters. They had some sort of viewing screen for the attic