Wheat-free (gluten free) bread?

I have recently been diagnosed with a wheat sensitivity.  It isn’t a gluten thing because I can eat other grains containing gluten no problem, but a gluten-free bread would not have wheat so I will ask in that respect.  Are there gluten-free bread options in the MDR in the evenings?  I love bread & RCI has wonderful bread baskets that I’ve always enjoyed.  But wheat causes my joints to be inflamed & hurt so its not worth it.  Any advice?

33 minutes ago, sandinmyshoes said:

Thank you Clarea!  I have done as you suggested but they have not been able to provide any info of available options.  I’m hoping someone has been there/done that and can give their insight from previous experience.  

The shoreside (Miami) people would not have accurate info about specific options on board.  However, they should facilitate your connection with the responsible people on board who will know the specifics.  Unfortunately, you will have to wait until you are onboard for that part.

We travel with a family that has two children with sever celiac disease, 

They would discuss the dinner options for the next night at dinner and would ask to speak with a chef in the windjammer, both parents were extremely pleased with the options and service for their dietary needs.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NorbertsNiece said:

Don't get me started.

Currently on Vision.

The GF bread options have been dire. There is no choice at any meal. They have one sliced bread which changed mid cruise to another sliced bread. Only edible toasted. That includes the specialty restaurants. 

Wow, how unfortunate, on such a long sailing too.  Someone dropped the ball.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Wow, how unfortunate, on such a long sailing too.  Someone dropped the ball.

Overall I would say the food has been disappointing, not at all as I have previously experienced dining GF with Royal. Plenty of food, don't misunderstand me, I am not hungry in the slightest, just repetitive and lacking flavour. Meal in Giovanni's was good and Chef's Table excellent. But the same bread as the MDR!!!

5 minutes ago, NorbertsNiece said:

Overall I would say the food has been disappointing, not at all as I have previously experienced dining GF with Royal. Plenty of food, don't misunderstand me, I am not hungry in the slightest, just repetitive and lacking flavour. Meal in Giovanni's was good and Chef's Table excellent. But the same bread as the MDR!!!

Linda that pic of the GF bread... just sad!

We were on Oasis a week ago and were pleased with the GF options, with the exception of the 2 sad little pancakes i received at Coastal Kitchen (yes, I ordered them a day ahead).  In the Windjammer there was an entire station of GF options with a smaller station of GF breads. The last time on Freedom there was a small GF section in Windjammer (not so pleasing) and the last time we were on Grandeur a Windjammer chef would prepare foods for us each evening.