Jade 2020 British Isles cruise - question for experts

maja651

We booked the May 16 -30, 2020 14 day British Isles cruise. I noticed this cruise repeats itself May 30-June 13, however the itinerary is very slightly different (days are switched in Norway and longer time in Dublin on the first cruise) and the price is more than $4000 more for the same cabin  for the June weeks.   Is there something I am missing here? Is it much better to go first 2 weeks of June versus last 2 weeks of May? The cruise is RT Amsterdam going to Scotland,  Norway, Ireland, England, France and Belgium. 

From watching prices over the years, higher prices for same route trips kicked in the second week of June.  While the second sailing is only part into that timeframe, it does seem like a large difference but their models must indicate they can get it.  We've looked at those routes and they are too much IMO and looking at MSC instead although they don't have a 14 day IIRC but some 11 days.

I bet it would have to do with school schedules. Kids are out for the summer so more families can take longer trips then. In May people are still in school and it makes travelling limited. If the May dates work for you I'd go with that one.