Le Petit Chef Specialty Restaurant On the Edge

LorraineP

1 hour ago, abbydancer said:

We tried it a couple of weeks ago.  The food was very good, but the menu is different than on the other ships.  It, and the show, were created specifically for the Edge.

Looked at menu & looks like you have two choices - one with ravioli & the other sea bass as the entree. Is that what you had? 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/11/LE-PETIT-CHEF-AND-FRIENDS-MENU.pdf

2 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Looked at menu & looks like you have two choices - one with ravioli & the other sea bass as the entree. Is that what you had? 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/11/LE-PETIT-CHEF-AND-FRIENDS-MENU.pdf

Yup.  We stuck with the "regular" menu (which is what the show is).  The ravioli was outstanding.  We thought the steak was the weakest course, but ours was overcooked, so maybe that's why.

Just now, abbydancer said:

Yup.  We stuck with the "regular" menu (which is what the show is).  The ravioli was outstanding.  We thought the steak was the weakest course, but ours was overcooked, so maybe that's why.

Thank you but I’m confused now, what is the regular menu? What is the show?

6 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Thank you but I’m confused now, what is the regular menu? What is the show?

The regular menu is the one that doesn't say alternate (ie, salad, ravioli, steak and dessert.  The show is the projection onto the table, which is where they show those dishes being made.  The one labeled alternate menu are dishes that can be substituted for the regular ones but the projection will still match the regular ones.  

I did see people having both the salad and the onion soup BTW.

49 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

The regular menu is the one that doesn't say alternate (ie, salad, ravioli, steak and dessert.  The show is the projection onto the table, which is where they show those dishes being made.  The one labeled alternate menu are dishes that can be substituted for the regular ones but the projection will still match the regular ones.  

I did see people having both the salad and the onion soup BTW.

Thank you. Will give it a try. 

We had the ravioli as well (which was delicious) and the rest of the meal was great too. It's definitely an experience you need to see. The animation was creative, playful and such a joy to watch. Have a wonderful time when you go!

Edited by sunnydays456

Hi. We just disembarked from the Edge and 4 of us did LPC last night.  We loved it.  There Rr two menus...one follows the animation story and the other is completely different. You can pick and choose from both if you like.  They are very accommodating.  Thefood was excellent!  Just as good as Luminae and the other restaurants.   I’d do it again if given the chance. 

8 minutes ago, Aeault said:

Hi. We just disembarked from the Edge and 4 of us did LPC last night.  We loved it.  There Rr two menus...one follows the animation story and the other is completely different. You can pick and choose from both if you like.  They are very accommodating.  Thefood was excellent!  Just as good as Luminae and the other restaurants.   I’d do it again if given the chance. 

We were on it last month.  We thought the food was great, and would love the menu but don't need to see the show a second time.    And there lies, I think, the problem with LPC for many.

On 12/16/2018 at 8:33 AM, countess5 said:

Were there any issue making or getting a reservation? Did you book before the cruise or once you were onboard? Thanks

Cheers! 

We made the reservation on board. I think we went our 3rd night. You can reserve before so you're guaranteed or when you first board. Have fun and enjoy!