Grandeur - Has MDR service collapsed?

I noticed a marked difference between last year and this year.  I was on Grandeur last April and the July before that (2017), both 9 night itineraries.  Coincidentally, I actually had the same main wait staff as I did in July.  A marked difference because in January on 2018, they changed the way they did things.  I call it that one menu system.  They used to give you a menu for appetizers and entrees and then afterwards, dessert.  Since they changed that, the choices went down significantly.  Less items changed per night (i still had the menus from the previous year to compare).  However, with the one menu system, we got out of the MDR usually between an hour to an hour 15 minutes tops, sometimes less than an hour.  Before, it usually took closer to an hour and a half or more.  Comparing the two, Cosmina, who was our main wait person, had more opportunities the year before to get to know the table and bond.  I felt we had less interaction with her as dinner felt, a little rushed.  She was great before, so I already knew what she was like, but I felt my tablemates did not get to experience her as well as they could have.

So, has it collapsed?  If you're comparing cruising in the 90s with now, then yes, its not even close.  But if you're comparing from 2017 and 2018, I would say that its been changed fairly radically from before.  I wouldn't say collapsed, but it does feel a bit less significant than it was previously, but that's just my opinion.