Elite Breakfast on the Edge

LorraineP

There may not have been an elite breakfast on the preview cruises. But there is now on the seven day cruise and going forward. It is held in Tuscan, you’ll be greeted by Kirstie the lovely Captains Club hostess. It is buffet style. The servers there are excellent. It’s really one of the most pleasant places on the ship.

They have all the things you expect from the elite breakfast. The same drinks, the same cappuccinos, mimosas, etc.

Edited by cruisestitch

Thank you Cruise Stitch for that information. I was worried about that very thing. I'm especially glad it is a buffet and not the "order from a menu" breakfast which seems to be a hassle for both the waiters and for us. We often don"t get what we expected. Also the mini buffet has more choices than the menu.

10 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

Thank you Cruise Stitch for that information. I was worried about that very thing. I'm especially glad it is a buffet and not the "order from a menu" breakfast which seems to be a hassle for both the waiters and for us. We often don"t get what we expected. Also the mini buffet has more choices than the menu.

I recall many people complained when it went from a menu to mini buffet.  We used to go to the Elite breakfast mainly for the free speciality coffee, but have finally hit elite plus, so we can get free speciality coffee elsewhere now.  On our upcoming cruise, we ended up with a drink package, so we are all set on coffee (and beer, wine, bottled water, etc.)

Whether it is a menu or buffet depends mostly on how many Eltes there are on board, and a little bit on whether or not US public health inspectors are expected. Those inspectors prefer the plated menus. It’s possible that you might be on back to back cruises and have the buffet on the first cruise and the menu for the second cruise. And then the next cruise it would go back to the buffet.