What time to board MSC Seaside in PortMiami?

grandebarca

I just checked in for our MSC Seaside sailing this Saturday and I noticed the ticket says to board starting at 1:30 pm but no later than 3 pm. Is this some kind of staggered boarding where we have the 1:30 slot?  "Your check-in opens* 13:30 Miami, Florida / Your check-in closes 15:00" The asterisk footnote says: "*Please do not arrive for check-in before the time indicated in the field: "Your check-in opens""

For the first time out of about 10 cruises, we've finally booked the hotel, parking etc to allow us to get to the port by 10:30 or 11 am and we were hoping to board soon thereafter. Assuming the ship is cleared for boarding, that is.  

Anyone with recent experience boarding Seaside at PortMiami know if we should follow what the ticket says and show up at 1:30pm?  Kind of a bummer as we were hoping to get on board a little earlier, enjoy lunch, meet up with a friend, etc. What happens if we get in the cattle chute at 11 am with the rest of the herd? Will they really make us stand there for 2.5 hrs till our slot opens? 

Thanks.

I have the same question, although we don't sail until Feb. 9.  I was struggling with web checkin and it didn't seem to be going through, and suddenly the E-Ticket popped up in my email.  It says our checkin time is 1400 (2pm) and not to arrive before that time,  last checkin at 1700.  We are Black Card so can bypass some of the line...EM

Come whenever you like (I believe ~11:30-12:00 is the earliest they let on the ship though, at least this is what I remember from when we were on the Seaside in April. Earlier than that and you may have to wait a bit at their gorgeous new terminal so no issue) The time listed is just a suggestion and is an attempt to have crowd control, but it is not enforced and a majority of individuals arrive earlier anyway! I'd do so to start exploring the beautiful ship! You're really in for a treat...the Seaside was our favorite cruise after 6 cruises with 4 different brands. @Essiesmom @grandebarca

Edited by oceantriumph

1 hour ago, oceantriumph said:

Come whenever you like (I believe ~11:30-12:00 is the earliest they let on the ship though, at least this is what I remember from when we were on the Seaside in April. 

Good to hear. That's what I assumed, but the stern wording on the boarding ticket made it sound like we'd be waiting dockside for a few hours if we show up at 11 or 12!