When will my videos return?

I have written a dozen or so CC reviews with embedded videos. The most recent one was published at the beginning of the year. Since the site remodel in October none of the videos are viewable-just dead Youtube links remain. Are the videos gone forever or will they eventually show up again?

Norris

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Bimmer09 said:

I have written a dozen or so CC reviews with embedded videos. The most recent one was published at the beginning of the year. Since the site remodel in October none of the videos are viewable-just dead Youtube links remain. Are the videos gone forever or will they eventually show up again?

Norris

Hello Norris:  Any chance you can pinpoint a specific posting where your video isn't showing?  I see you have two Photo/Video reviews linked in your siggy but I'm looking for the exact posts.  Just the number off the top right corner would work.

Thanks,

Laura

8 hours ago, LauraS said:

Hello Norris:  Any chance you can pinpoint a specific posting where your video isn't showing?  I see you have two Photo/Video reviews linked in your siggy but I'm looking for the exact posts.  Just the number off the top right corner would work.

Thanks,

Laura

Laura, thanks for taking on my case.

If you click on the Crown Princess review in my signature and find the following posts;

I have probably a dozen videos in the review but these should let you see what I am talking about-no longer an embedded still frame from Youtube with a play button and the video played within the post as opposed to a link taking you out of CC to Youtube (a rabbit hole if ever there was one!)

All of my photos are fine and I thank you for that!

I think with all of my CC reviews combined I have about 250 videos included so it's important to me to have readers not have head-scratching moments when the video link is a dead-end.

I know there is a massive amount of data to transfer under the new website and don't mind waiting- just wanting to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel (and I'm not talking Whittier).

Thanks in advance!

Norris

• Administrators

Hi. Looks like the old code to display videos embedded in files only worked on our old platform.   I've fixed the ones in your Crown Princess review for now, and will have to look into a more global fix.

Laura

2 hours ago, LauraS said:

Hi. Looks like the old code to display videos embedded in files only worked on our old platform.   I've fixed the ones in your Crown Princess review for now, and will have to look into a more global fix.

Laura

Laura thanks for attending to this issue!

I'm still seeing the corrupted, "non-viewable video" version just now in post #71 but I'll keep checking back while you get on with your work.

Norris

Edited by Bimmer09
Spelling

Laura, I just went ahead to post #143 and there is the reinstated video in that one-thank you for finding a fix! I will scan through my review to check on the others. 

Yes I am sure a global fix would be welcomed by all who have used video in their reviews. 

Great work!

Norris, the relieved.

• Administrators

I checked into a global fix and it appears that isn't an option (since what is left in the post is just a bunch of random characters (the youtube id). 

The good news is that it is easier to embed videos in this new platform.  Just paste the link right into your post -- no additional code needed.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

1 hour ago, LauraS said:

I checked into a global fix and it appears that isn't an option (since what is left in the post is just a bunch of random characters (the youtube id). 

The good news is that it is easier to embed videos in this new platform.  Just paste the link right into your post -- no additional code needed.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Ok, thanks for trying Laura!

I'll be submitting a posse of video after my January Cuba cruise on Azamara and look forward to using the new simple method.

Luckily every CC video I have uploaded still lives in my Youtube channel in reverse chronological order so anyone with a hankering can supplement the reviews with the missing video by opening a window onto Youtube and finding the Norris Adair channel.

Norris