Advice for Langkawi and Phuket

earn

We are visiting those two ports from Voyager next week and wonder how easy they are to do on our own?  Do we arrive in the centre or do we need to catch a taxi or bus to see anything?  Is there a beach close by?  Any ideas for our day there for myself, husband and two easy going, non demanding sons (17 & 20), who are just glad to be having a break from studying 😀

Hi - we were in both of the ports that you mentioned but we took the ship's excursions.  In Langkawi, I can recall not seeing any beaches near the port while on the bus to the cable cars. In Phuket, the tenders bring you into an area where there are several shops and restaurants but I don't think that the beaches are close to where the tenders drop off the cruise passengers.  I can't help much but thought that I would provide what I saw. Enjoy your cruise.  I'll be on the Voyager in January.

I've been to Langkawi briefly.  2 key attractions. 

One is the Skycab.  I shared some videos in another thread asking for info on Skycab.  

The other attraction is the Kilim Karst Geoforest boat ride, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.  Videos below.

Part 1

Part 2