Propose on Norwegian Cruise

Kristall

Good Evening from my timezone to everyone!

I already read several times about the romance packages, now I have a direct question to the experienced cruisers here.

I would like to use the romantic dinner from the package on the day of departure to make a proposal - what is your experience, what can or does the crew do in the restaurant and how is your experience with the reaction of the other guests?

Have a beautiful evening!

Are you by chance cruising in a Haven suite? If so, the concierge desk might be able to help quite a bit.

The fact that you want to use the departure night dinner for the occasion might make it a little harder, since whatever you want to have done will have to be arranged before the cruise departs. 

I guess I'd suggest starting by contacting NCL...they certainly have a department that helps with people arranging weddings at sea and so on, and I'm sure they can suggest something.

My son proposed to hs now wife on the Gem - he did it in Teppanyaki  - We had contacted the concierge and made arrangements ahead of time with the photographer to be in the restaurant that evening- they used to do photos there any way so it wasnt a big deal to have a photographer there,  we also planned on dinner just around sunset so the photographer took photos right outside on the deck as well.  To be honest they were the best photos! I didnt have to be snapping them all while celebrating ao the cost was worth it -  There was a celebration bottle of Champagne and cake also - it was pretty cool!!

• Haha 1

Well in the romance package I get a voucher for the "La Cucina" (~ 40$ ?). So my thought was to do it there.

I talked with NCL now and they gave me the advice to talk with the restaurant crew on the ship then.

I really want to have a few good pictures but:

- it seems that the cruise is "too short" (6 days) to book picture packages - so there is no photographer on the ship?

- I got my own camera - but I cant propose and make pictures of this at the same time 😉

- we get a "8x10 professional picture" with the package... no clue what this means.

So I would also ask the crew about the photographer.

Any advice for a good restaurant reservation time?

A friend of mine proposed to his girlfriend on a cruise last year, and had a (in my opinion) great idea about how to get some nice photos of the "event". On that particular evening when he planned to propose, they went to the atrium to have some "normal cruise photos" taken or at least that is what his girl friend expected (of course he had spoken to the photographer in advance so he was prepared). The girlfriend said "yes" and the photos from the "event" were amazing - showing all the emotions on each and every photo.... :classic_love:

• Like 1

I'm glad you're confident about a "yes" from your hopefully future betrothed, because the first thought I had was how long that cruise would be following a "no".  I suspect that no ship would be big enough to cruise with your "non-fiance/ex from just a few minutes ago".