Viking Future Cruise Vouchers

Peregrina651

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

Does anybody know? Is Viking still offering future cruise vouchers? Or will I be able to book a future cruise on board my next river cruise and get the same benefits I would be getting if I booked a future cruise on board an ocean sailing? TIA

We bought the certificates on our cruise in March of this year, so I assume that they’re still available.

Jeff

2 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Does anybody know? Is Viking still offering future cruise vouchers? Or will I be able to book a future cruise on board my next river cruise and get the same benefits I would be getting if I booked a future cruise on board an ocean sailing? TIA

We bought a bunch of them 2 weeks ago. Don’t know what 2019 will bring. Maybe program will keep going or maybe not. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought cruise vouchers on Douro cruise, the usual, Viking double the value. Plus the usual ,book another future cruise within 30 days of return and they will double your repeat customers offer. Good for me!

Purchased vouchers on river cruise. Booked ocean cruise for 2020. Deduction taken at point of booking for us, deposit payment only. As these vouchers can be bought as gifts ,as long as in recipients name, interesting to hear if they can be taken off account at any time.

Sorry, why can't they be purchased onboard ocean cruises? Have I misunderstood?

Future cruise vouchers cannot be purchased on board ocean ship. For whatever reason, Viking decided not to make them available.  However, you can book a future river or ocean cruise on board the ocean ships, with additional booking benefits including a final payment date of 6 months prior to departure, which you can't do on a river cruise. 

23 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Future cruise vouchers cannot be purchased on board ocean ship. For whatever reason, Viking decided not to make them available.  However, you can book a future river or ocean cruise on board the ocean ships, with additional booking benefits including a final payment date of 6 months prior to departure, which you can't do on a river cruise. 

I don't really want to have to pay the balance for a cruise 6 months in advance when we only have to pay our balances in the UK ten weeks before departure.  I was told (by a Viking agent in the UK) that the whole booking system on board is totally different and that to speak to someone regarding your booking afterwards is a bit of a job?