Brilliance Spa

Greetings from Florida: I found a very inexpensive TA for 2020 and my frugal self is raising its ugly head. I did a mock reservation and noticed none of the larger balcony cabins were available....so....that brings me to my frugal decision...maybe I should just get an inside (only once have we done an inside and that was a long time ago and only 5 days) and use the money we will save and take a shorter cruise from Amsterdam once we arrive......the inside pricing is very very low! But my question is:  does the Brilliance have a spa package and perhaps a thermal pool and quite area just for guests who have purchased a spa package and those in suites. Last year TA with NCL it was really too cold to sit out at the pool but we purchased a Spa package before we sailed and it was wonderful B/C even on cold days the spa package guests could relax in the private spa pool area/and a relaxation lounge that was covered and a lovely temperature which made the long trip worth it. We also used the spa changing rooms often for showers. Although we did have balcony last year having the spa was great. Returning to our possible cruise in 2020....Im thinking we can suck it up with an inside IF there is a spa package that can be purchased prior to sailing. Does anyone know if there is one available? price/we would want it for the entire 14 days? TIA and I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!

5 minutes ago, Littleribbie said:

.....maybe I should just get an inside (only once have we done an inside and that was a long time ago and only 5 days) and use the money we will save and take a shorter cruise from Amsterdam once we arrive......

👍, though the follow on cruise is a 12 day Baltic and probably not very cheap.

Edited by Biker19

No thermal pool on Brilliance.  The Solarium pool is covered and restricted to age 16 and over.  However, when it's too cool for the outside pools, they may let children in the Solarium area for a few hours.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

No thermal pool on Brilliance.  The Solarium pool is covered and restricted to age 16 and over.  However, when it's too cool for the outside pools, they may let children in the Solarium area for a few hours.

Darn, does that mean they don't have any sort of spa package...I'm assuming the solarium area is just a quiet area and not specifically for any sort of "spa paying" guests....not sure if hubby would want to be stuck in an inside cabin if that is the case for 14 days. Thank you

14 minutes ago, Littleribbie said:

Darn, does that mean they don't have any sort of spa package...I'm assuming the solarium area is just a quiet area and not specifically for any sort of "spa paying" guests....not sure if hubby would want to be stuck in an inside cabin if that is the case for 14 days. Thank you

I don't know if Brilliance has a spa package. The ship used to have thermal suites, but I don't know if those are still on the ship.

You are correct in that there is no extra charge to use the  Solarium.

13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I don't know if Brilliance has a spa package. The ship used to have thermal suites, but I don't know if those are still on the ship.

You are correct in that there is no extra charge to use the  Solarium.

Thanks so much for helping me out on Chrstmas Eve day!!! its much appreciated. I'll call RCL and inquire about the spa and post what I find out. Again, thank you for taking the time!

Heidi

46 minutes ago, Littleribbie said:

Thanks so much for helping me out on Chrstmas Eve day!!! its much appreciated. I'll call RCL and inquire about the spa and post what I find out. Again, thank you for taking the time!

Heidi

You're welcome. 

Also, I would not put too much stock in what RC reps tell you.  Your most accurate info will likely come from someone who has recently sailed on Brilliance.

1. 1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

You're welcome. 

Also, I would not put too much stock in what RC reps tell you.  Your most accurate info will likely come from someone who has recently sailed on Brilliance.

Yes, I noticed that with another booking...appears the sales people don't always get up to date information....uugg!

• 3 weeks later...

There is a Thermal Suite but no pool in it. It has heated tile loungers, 2 steam rooms, an aromatherapy suite (which I really do not think was even on when we were there last month) and two showers (one of which was totally on the fritz last month). It is a nice relaxing place but not worth the money if it is not all working, lol. Also, be aware it closes early on the last evening. 

• 4 weeks later...