Creative way to tell granddaughter about the cruise

Emmasnana07

22 hours ago, Emmasnana07 said:

We've booked a family cruise for March of 2020 and trying to think of a fun way to tell our 11 year old granddaughter. Any good ideas??

Thanks for your help!

We surprised out two daughters 11 & 9. We were sailing out of San Juan, so we told them we had to fly there for a weekend wedding. We went 1 night early, so we stayed in a hotel and the next morning we were going to see the ships, on our way to the "new" hotel where the wedding was. My older daughter didn't want to go see the ships, lol....but I told her too bad. When we got the the pier she was so confused when we were taking out all of our luggage. I said to them, see that big ship?? And they said yes, I said, how would you like to spend the next 7 nights on it?? And then my hubby pulled out the luggage tags and starting putting them on our bags. It was awesome, the girls were so excited. My hubby was so proud that I was able to keep the secret :). The best thing was the girls always over packed, so they had plenty of stuff for the cruise 😂

On 12/26/2018 at 4:21 PM, cathi007 said:

We surprised out two daughters 11 & 9. We were sailing out of San Juan, so we told them we had to fly there for a weekend wedding. We went 1 night early, so we stayed in a hotel and the next morning we were going to see the ships, on our way to the "new" hotel where the wedding was. My older daughter didn't want to go see the ships, lol....but I told her too bad. When we got the the pier she was so confused when we were taking out all of our luggage. I said to them, see that big ship?? And they said yes, I said, how would you like to spend the next 7 nights on it?? And then my hubby pulled out the luggage tags and starting putting them on our bags. It was awesome, the girls were so excited. My hubby was so proud that I was able to keep the secret :). The best thing was the girls always over packed, so they had plenty of stuff for the cruise 😂

I love this idea!  

• 3 weeks later...

We did a bit of a scavenger hunt for Christmas. After they opened their presents I pulled out one more box. The first box was a clue they had to find. They found it and opened it and it asked them what their favorite airline snack was. They answered and then opened a present (a package of biscoff cookies, which is their favorite airline snack, and it had a clue taped to the back of it). 

They found the next clue and answered questions about their favorite place that we've traveled so far, then opened a box with a pamphlet about passports, and it had another clue taped to it. 

They found that clue and talked about their favorite beach/ocean/sea/waterpark that we've visited, then opened a present which had a new swimming suit for each kid, plus another clue. 

They found that clue and then answered a questions about what their favorite activity was to do on vacation (answers were snorkeling, laying on the beach, hiking, eating ice cream cones...) and then they opened a box with a snorkel set for each kid, and each snorkel had a destination written on the lens with chalk marker (San Juan, St. Thomas, Dominican Republic, and Grand Turk). DD14 figured it out first that those were places where we were going on vacation but didn't figure out cruise until DH told them. Then the happy screams commenced.

48418219_10157047257887425_2073290883985309696_n.jpg