FOOD ON ELATION/FANTASY CLASS

Cruisegirl6

The Carnival menus are pretty consistent across the fleet - so if you can find anyone posting the current offerings for any ship for the same number of nights, they should be very similar to what you get on your sailing.  The exception would be the daily port of call special - themed to suit your location.  Someone had some new menus from Vista posted recently but it was not clear if they were just testing some new items or if these were being rolled out everywhere.

Last year on Sensation I did notice that the nighttime entrees in the lido buffet followed almost the same naming scheme as the save evening's MDR entrees.  And my family is not picky at all about food, so that's where we had most of our meals and were happy enough with them.  However, these definitely looked like steam table versions of these dishes, which I am not convinced are exactly the same thing as individually finished/plated versions being served in the dining room and would assume to be a little bit better quality.  We got to do an in-the-galley tasting program on that same cruise (it was free, and we were recruited while noshing on a Guy's burger immediately after embarkation) and it all seemed pretty spectacular to us, with a couple of exceptions. It was actually that same menu Asalligo posted, which is the first night dinner menu and was identical on our sailing.  The braised beef was tough, and the sword fish steak was overcooked. 

Also while we have never purchased the upgraded Steakhouse Selections from the main menu, they do seem to get pretty decent reviews - as others have mentioned they might work for you.  One last thing, I would not do the Chef's table myself (about $100 pp with grat) but the reviews on it, across the Carnival line, are consistently stellar so it might also suit your needs.

We loved the food on Oasis overall, but we prefer Carnival's pizza over the Sorrento's on Royal.    And I do want to give a bit of a shout out to Carnival's Sea Day Brunch which one of the few meals I can get my family to sit down for.  The steak (small filet) and eggs on that menu is certainly not to a fancy steakhouse quality, but it is a pretty good breakfast included in the cruise fare without any upcharges.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 9:21 AM, Bostwick girl said:

Sounds to me like all these posters need to go on back to royal Caribbean. Amazing that thousands and thousands of people find everything just fine on carnival as they keep coming back!

I think booze has a lot to do with it..

The Elation does offer the Chef's Table, which is an amazing (but expensive) experience!  I suggest you book that, in advance, for one of your nights.  As others have mentioned, steakhouse selections are offered on the MDR menu for an extra charge, even though there is no steakhouse on the ship.

You might be interested in this thread from Carnival Fantasy that another poster is currently working on.  He is posting nightly menus while going through his reviews and photos for each day. The menu should be very similar to what Elation will have as this is just from this past Thanksgiving, 2018.