Aft Riviera Deck Balconies on Ruby???

MsSoCalCruiser

Have you ever had one of the aft Riviera deck balconies on the Ruby Princess? I've had an inside cabin back there near the door to the pool  and really liked it but I don't know what the balconies are like back there. Are they covered?  The inside cabins are quiet in that area; are the balconies quiet?    How bad is it if it is a connecting cabin? The only balcony I have ever had was a midship Caribe deck balcony that was non-connecting. Thanks so much! 

13 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Have you ever had one of the aft Riviera deck balconies on the Ruby Princess? I've had an inside cabin back there near the door to the pool  and really liked it but I don't know what the balconies are like back there. Are they covered?  The inside cabins are quiet in that area; are the balconies quiet?    How bad is it if it is a connecting cabin? The only balcony I have ever had was a midship Caribe deck balcony that was non-connecting. Thanks so much! 

Are you talking side of ship or true aft facing balconies?

The 4 true aft facing balconies are right below the pool and people standing at the railing looking down can see part way into the balcony.

They are partially covered.

Noise can be a factor in these as well when we had one.

As far as side of ship balconies......

We like that area and if we choose a balcony there it is always in the 700's.

Any further forward and you may get noise from the buffet above.

They are covered.

Other than that its a great location close to those aft doors to the terrace area pool and then 1 deck up outside to the buffet.

Never had any noise issues.

Never had any issues with connecting doors and noise.

• Like 1

We did a couple coastals in R751, it is partially covered.  I put in a review on the Cabin Review thread.  It is generally quiet but on sailaways folks hang off the pool deck railing above you.  I'd choose them again but would move to portside.  We love the aft corners.

IMG_3748.thumb.JPG.a566bd8d43e067c6e9b92b8cef33cde5.JPG

The smokers above will occasionally ash on you or your balcony.IMG_3745.thumb.JPG.0cf0f9b9d573efacb752c4cd136c5520.JPG 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

The 4 true aft facing balconies are right below the pool and people standing at the railing looking down can see part way into the balcony.

They are covered.

Other than that its a great location close to those aft doors to the terrace area pool and then 1 deck up outside to the buffet.

If you were to choose one starting from cabin R702 and going aft, all the way towards the door, which would you choose? 

12 hours ago, Ferd Berfle said:

We did a couple coastals in R751, it is partially covered.  I put in a review on the Cabin Review thread.  It is generally quiet but on sailaways folks hang off the pool deck railing above you.  I'd choose them again but would move to portside.  We love the aft corners.

The smokers above will occasionally ash on you or your balcony.IMG_3745.thumb.JPG.0cf0f9b9d573efacb752c4cd136c5520.JPG 

That's scary if somebody is flicking their ashes around 😡

12 hours ago, Ferd Berfle said:

Thank you!   That balcony on R751 looks lovely!

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

That's scary if somebody is flicking their ashes around 😡

Yah - actually had one smoker flick ash right down on me!  Cigar ash "tokens" on the deck.  Portside (R750 or R748) is the no smoking side.

29 minutes ago, Ferd Berfle said:

Yah - actually had one smoker flick ash right down on me!  Cigar ash "tokens" on the deck.  Portside (R750 or R748) is the no smoking side.

Thanks for the warning.  So good to know.  I would hate getting "ashed".  Thanks again.

On December 30, 2018 at 1:57 AM, vampiress said:

i just stayed in r723 and it was delightful and quite.  close to the back door to the pool area and close to the aft elevator/stairs.  i've also stayed in the same areas on the other side of the ship. my favorite spot on the ship.

Perfect, thank you.

• 2 months later...
On 12/27/2018 at 7:40 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

They are covered.

I am booked on five day Pacific Coastal  cruise, Los Angeles to Vancouver BC and have been assigned Riviera deck Aft cabin 703. Is there more ship motion on the higher aft deck that I need to be concerned about (I requested mid-ship but no luck) thank you

1 hour ago, talltimbers said:

I am booked on five day Pacific Coastal  cruise, Los Angeles to Vancouver BC and have been assigned Riviera deck Aft cabin 703. Is there more ship motion on the higher aft deck that I need to be concerned about (I requested mid-ship but no luck) thank you

What ship? and is that a balcony?

There is always more movement the higher you go. Now unless you are in major rough seas I don't think so.

We book aft all the time. Many times in those 700's. I would rather be further aft as the further you get under the buffet there are tile floors and chair dragging etc. Stay in the 700"s  😉 We do not hear any noise from above.

It his a great location with those aft doors to the outside and aft pool area.

10 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

There is always more movement the higher you go. Now unless you are in major rough seas I don't think so.

We book aft all the time. Many times in those 700's. I would rather be further aft as the further you get under the buffet there are tile floors and chair dragging etc. Stay in the 700"s  😉 We do not hear any noise from above.

10 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

2 minutes ago, talltimbers said:

You have to hit the quote then type outside the box below the quote

You can hit edit and go back and add type and delete that other box, gives you about 10 minutes or so to edit your post them it locks you out.

On 12/27/2018 at 10:40 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

They are covered.

Thanks Keith !

Great to know as we just upgraded to R747 for our Hawaii sailing on the Ruby :classic_biggrin: