Late Flight from OSJ - What To Do With Luggage

OceansOfTravels

Hello,

We are currently in St.Kitts onboard the Carnival Fascination, and we have a 6:30PM flight from SJU back to Baltimore. We will likely debark around 10-10:30AM, and then the airport won’t take our luggage until 4:30, so we are sitting for 6+ hours. We have decided to try and make it a day. Can anyone suggest a hotel that offers a day pass option? One where we could go, use the pool/maybe beach, and then leave around 4:30. Or, can someone give us some names of places in OSJ we can pay to hold our luggage as we walk around the city? It would be very appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Yup Barrachina is the place for safe luggage storage and also a great place to get their famous Pina colada.  There is a taxi stand at the end of the block; you can get an uber but the drivers I've had were fearful of dropping or picking up close to any taxi stand. 

On 12/28/2018 at 11:39 AM, OceansOfTravels said:

Hello,

We are currently in St.Kitts onboard the Carnival Fascination, and we have a 6:30PM flight from SJU back to Baltimore. We will likely debark around 10-10:30AM, and then the airport won’t take our luggage until 4:30, so we are sitting for 6+ hours. We have decided to try and make it a day. Can anyone suggest a hotel that offers a day pass option? One where we could go, use the pool/maybe beach, and then leave around 4:30. Or, can someone give us some names of places in OSJ we can pay to hold our luggage as we walk around the city? It would be very appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Island Marketing sells a day pass and the Marriott does as well.   

On 12/28/2018 at 11:39 AM, OceansOfTravels said:

Hello,

I’m curious what you decided to do as we are in the same situation. I was thinking a few hours at the beach would be really nice, but we would want to clean up before our flight home so don’t know if there are facilities to do that and store luggage. We’ve been to Old San Juan before, but may consider dropping our bags at Barrachina and spending a few hours there. Not really interested in the rum distillery tour, and a trip to El Yunque may be too far and time consuming.

Edited by travelnut4

On 1/7/2019 at 9:59 AM, travelnut4 said:

I’m curious what you decided to do as we are in the same situation. I was thinking a few hours at the beach would be really nice, but we would want to clean up before our flight home so don’t know if there are facilities to do that and store luggage. We’ve been to Old San Juan before, but may consider dropping our bags at Barrachina and spending a few hours there. Not really interested in the rum distillery tour, and a trip to El Yunque may be too far and time consuming.

That's exactly what we did. We dropped our bags off at Barrachina, spent a few hours walking around the city, then made our way to SJU. I would recommend bringing an additional tshirt though, in the event that it is hot and you sweat a lot, in the event that you want to be fresh for your flight! But other than that, Barrachina was really easy and worked out for us. We actually walked from the Fascination with our bags, which albeit to being a little uphill, was not that bad, and just made the iced cofee after dropping off our bags taste even better :)

• 4 weeks later...