Carnival Hub App

richbum

do you just put your phone on "plane mode", i dont want to get charged by my cell phone provider.

Usually, I just shut my phone off for 5 days and dont worry about it, but checking the menus would be great but like i said i dont want to get charged by AT&T.

5 hours ago, CMOTO said:

do you just put your phone on "plane mode", i dont want to get charged by my cell phone provider.

Usually, I just shut my phone off for 5 days and dont worry about it, but checking the menus would be great but like i said i dont want to get charged by AT&T.

Yes the app gives you instructions. You dont use your own cell service. It runs off the ships wifi. If you use the chat feature you will have like $5 charged to your sign and sail account. 

• Like 1

We loved the app on our cruise last week. It was so nice to have the activities listed and the ability to select your favorites each day. The app would then send reminder to you about it 15 min prior to the event. It was also nice to see the account summary for each person in your cabin, or attached to your sign and sail account. The text feature was good, but really only worked if the app was running. If you checked your phone every so often, they all came through. 

My kids loved seeing what was on the menu each night, so there was no delay in ordering at dinner. 

IMO, it was totally worth downloading. My only suggestion to Carnival is to have some charging stations available. Being on the Fantasy (older ship) last week, there was only 1 outlet for the 5 of us in our room and there are very few outlets around the ship. Bring a power strip :)

On 12/31/2018 at 4:03 PM, Shocker4 said:

What needs fixed:

1)  The group chat function doesn't work. You can set up the group chat but not everyone gets it.  It has no forward function so I did a lot of cutting and pasting to say the same thing to many people.

2)  The app needs a "check-in" function.  Where each person could choose to check-in (or not if down time is needed).  Then others could find me if they want without texting "where are you?"

3)  The app is not consistent.  We proved over and over that what one person can see and do is not the same as what another person in our group can see and do with the app.  Even when using the same platforms such as apple or android.

💯% Yes, yes, and yes. We had 14 of us on the Splendor at the beginning of December. Same problems. But it still really useful. Even if my best friend had to message the group to have them pass on messages to her husband. :classic_laugh: